• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHITEOUT = Next 300?

6 posts in this topic

lol, I picked it up at the SDCC. They told me it'll be mass-distributed in a few weeks.

It was a good read and worth picking up if you're as tired of the same old superhero fare as I am.

I was thinking this would be a good sleeper pick to put a few sets away, but I'm not completely sold on it. Non-superheroic comics don't generally engender booming prices. 300, obviously, is an exception. I can't really think of another. Men In Black was sci-fi, but not superheroes, and it got to be quite pricey. The Crow was fantasy. LOEG didn't really explode, though V1 #1 sells for more than cover, and it was also fantasy. But "real world" comics? Road to Perdition? Ghost World? Sin City even? Whiteout is straight-up mystery, and while it may get a bump, I don't think it'll be very big. And that's if the movie gets made, which is always a longshot.