• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supa-Pimp..have you gone crazy altogether??

164 posts in this topic

Amusing....you don't even have as much as an EMAIL listed in your bio, let alone a NAME or PICTURE of YOUR face....and you wonder why I don't plaster MY face all over the Forum!!! Hippocritical irony of the highest caliber.

And as far as MY having the greatest collection of UNSLABBED books on the planet. Thank you for that compliment, but I'm sure that Dave Anderson DDS, and about 50 other collectors that I can think of would get a nice big Horselaugh out of that statement!

Just because everyone on this Forum has lined up, genuflected, and subjugated themselves, sending every book they own from Thund'a 1 to Thundercats 1 (and let's face it, I've never seen such utter nonsense. Books that were probably in bargain bins 5 years ago, that couldn't be given away for free, now going for insane prices, and people railroaded into thinking they NOW have something valuable, because encased in plastic, NOW it's a "hot commodity". GARBAGE encased in plastic, with a label denoting that it is "good" garbage, is STILL garbage!), doesn't mean that the entire rest of the hobby, other than ONE holdout has.

You have posters here that sit and analyze every word for any INKLING of non-CGC sentiment and if they think they have detected sacrelidge, will descend on that poster in a concerted effort to discredit him.

10,000,000,000 (10 billion) comics have been issued by publishers in the period 1935 to 1965 ALONE. Even if only 1 out of every THOUSAND (.1%) are still in existance today, that's 10 million books floating around. If only HALF of those have been "discovered" and 1/2 are STILL forgotten, locked in attics, stored in desks that haven't been opened in 30 years...that's 5 MILLION books in the hands of someone who appreciates comics as a keepsake. How many of these 1935 to 1965 books has CGC thusfar graded? C'mon. I'm sure that there's some crazed CGC fanatic like CGCMINT that has actually sat down for days on end with a calculator, tabulating a figure.

Now watch: In order of the posters who will IMMEDIATELY respond to this, probably without reading as far as this sentence, we will hear from

1)CGCMINT

2)FF

3)Clobberin time (who incidentally, sent me an FF12 in F/VF from one of his auctions I won), I resold to a want list customer, doing nothing other than literally changing boxes RIGHT AT THE POST OFFICE, because from past experiences, your grading was always "on the money", and 4 months later when this same book came back from CGC (submitted by my customer), it came back PURPLE. Remember the book? I bought many others from you, UNSLABBED, and never had a problem and feel that the FF12 was an isolated incident of someone selling an unslabbed book that CGC found to be altered. Nothing nefarious or underhanded, but nevertheless, you DID sell me an altered book, accidental as I believe it was. Should I accuse you in the same manner of which you accuse me, or just chalk it up to sellers of unslabbed books having one slide past occassionally, as "found" by CGC anyway.

See - I told you that you knew me! The FF 12 came from your old buddy in Canada ValuApe - I also bought the Hulk 1 cgc 7.0 that you "won" on ebay and then turned down as it was allegedly " restored". The FF 12 was part of that humorously titled "log cabin" collection - and i am pretty darn sure nothing was wrong with it. I also won the Spidey 6 from that same auction and it came back cgcd as an 8.5 with no problems. The Hulk 1 is being sold by ComicLink as a straight 7.0 now as I am upgrading on that issue. I am not sure who else bought the log cabin books but i am close to positive that none of them had any work done. But thanks for changing the subject - for the moment.

Unfortunately, Meth, you also won't be allowed to ramble off topic in a court proceeding. A wandering diatribe about CGC book values and suggestions that other individuals sell restored books will be deemed irrelevant.

I wasn't aware that this was court, counselor. I was NEVER sworn in on this Forum, how can it be? I also was not aware that Clobberin time was the prosecuting attorney , or the attorney for the defense.

What I AM aware of is that Clobberin time SOLD ME A BOOK THAT WAS RETURNED FROM CGC AS RESTORED. He is guilty of doing the same thing that he alleges I do deliberately. HE has NOT received any books from me that were submitted and were found to be restored. Yet, he is one of the five most ardent anti-Koos commentators on this Board. Ironic, don't you think? An FF12, sold to me as an unrestored VF, labeled 7.0 Purple by CGC. I don't care what other books from what collection came back BLUE, as HE uses to change the subject and shift emphasis AWAY from the one sold to me that was restored. THIS one came back purple and it was bought from Clobberin, represented as UNrestored. I saw nothing amiss with the book itself, except that it was possibly overgraded slightly. Unfortunately, his very own God DID find a problem, and the fact remains:

Clobberintime + FF12 advertised unrestored VF = Purple top 7.0 .

My first reaction when my customer told me was, "CGC HAD to have made a mistake". I told my customer, "No way, they're WRONG. That book came from a tested source. I've bought books from him before with NO PROBLEM. I saw NOTHING on that book". But it did NOT change the fact that my customer will have it in the back of his mind that I tried to pull a fast one. He chose to keep it until I can replace it with an unrestored one. I guess these things DO happen, RZ, especially to someone who has transacted 2750+ exchanges, the majority on high grade unslabbeds. I bought about 5 or 6 key books from YOU, all unslabbed, and as it turns out ONE of the 6 WAS altered, according to CGC. My 19 miscues out of over 2500 exchanges of unslabbeds is infinitely a better record than 1 out of 6, don't you agree? One of my miscues, was actually YOURS.

Of course, THESE are the kinds of issues that y'all don't want to discuss. You just want to discuss, where I am, what I'm doing, where's the pics of my face plastered on the board and why isn't it, etc. To which my answer is, where are you?, and where's the pics of your faces, let alone your emails and names in your bios?

A witch hunt is a witch hunt. Call it by any other name, that's what it is.

My response was based on the fact that this thread began with the issue of a threatened lawsuit against supapimp. I'm just following the thread topic.

Geez, these kinds of threads have got to look bad to first timers and lurkers. This message board is advertised in CBG. Imagine what some of the people who saw that ad and decided to check this forum out must think.

It makes the hobby look bad.

Ok - just returned from getting eyes dialated for new contacs so I can barely see anything close up. But I promise to be in fighting form Monday. About that 12 though - I hate to call someone a liar - but you are I think. I never heard from you about the book if there was a problem 2 years ago and how do i know you didnt do the work you mention, what was the cgc #, and dont ypu think it odd tht anyone would doctor a book sold as f/vf? That is usually something you see on those 9.4, 9.6, 9.8 claims. Know anyone who sells stuff like that under very secretive conditions?

Oh and another thing, I was just checking "who's online" and I have noticed a good amount of new users. I wonder if this kind of stuff scares them off

Yeah. "Scares them off"... I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been around the internet long enough now (9 years... can someone PLEASE peel me out of this chair??) to recognize a bona fide "Message Board Hissy Fit ©." Really, all that I'm getting from all this whining and caterwauling is that I'm going to be MUUUUCH more careful about who I buy from on Ebay. Well, at least I'm going to be MUUUUCH more careful about not buying from certain people. Not that anyone is protesting too much. Noooo. Not that I'm starting to believe the accusations. Nononono. Well, yes. Wait, what was this thread about to begin with?

Seriously though, I've really enjoyed reading most of the threads throughout these boards the last few days... and I was almost impressed by the relative lack of in-fighting. Regardless, I won't judge the whole on the basis of a few twits. On to a REAL topic: how about that market crash?!?! I mean, I noticed there are ONLY 43 billion comics for sale on Ebay this afternoon! RUN! Sell 'em all for a buck! Cut your losses and run! (and call me, I've got a couple bucks to burn).

-Logan

Clobberin time SOLD ME A BOOK THAT WAS RETURNED FROM CGC AS RESTORED. He is guilty of doing the same thing that he alleges I do deliberately. HE has NOT received any books from me that were submitted and were found to be restored. Yet, he is one of the five most ardent anti-Koos commentators on this Board. Ironic, don't you think? An FF12, sold to me as an unrestored VF, labeled 7.0 Purple by CGC.

Meth,

The only truth inherent in this story is that you bought a FF 12 from Clobberin, sold it, your buyer submitted it, and it came back as restored. Either the book was restored when Clobberin got it, Clobberin restored it, you restored it, or your buyer did. What is the most likely possibility....?

Geez, these kinds of threads have got to look bad to first timers and lurkers. This message board is advertised in CBG. Imagine what some of the people who saw that ad and decided to check this forum out must think.

Contentious threads and flame wars are present on all message boards. I doubt these threads will send new board browsers running.

Why is this guy STIIIIILLLLLLLL not banned???

He brings an off-topic "feud" into these forums, which is NOT the proper place to introduce it,

Then THREATENS someone AGAIN!

Why on earth is he still here, seriously?

He has done NOTHING but introduce and fuel negativity on these boards since he has arrived, not to mention his "doctoring" of comics that are well-known throughout the comic collecting community.

This ENTIRE thread was unnecessary from the beginning, and Koo-Koo began it WITH this knowledge.

How many "strikes" does a person get?

• Administrator

I remember a few "feud" type threads, or hi-jacking of threads started by you. Should I ban you too?

The bottom line is, for whatever their reasons are, people here feel the need to discuss this guy and his actions. Plenty of comments about him are started by other people. If they are going to be allowed to make the comments, then he is going to be allowed to respond, and/or make statements of his own. As long as the discussions remain factual and civil per the board guidelines, then there's nothing bannable about them.

Although Meth is currently sitting in the penalty box because I had to remove a post from this thread that did *not* stick to the guidelines.

Arch

I remember a few "feud" type threads, or hi-jacking of threads started by you. Should I ban you too?

I STARTED absolutely ZERO threads pertaining to INITIATING a "feud" with ANYONE.

Anyone looking at my post records can see this.

As for "hijacking" threads such as:

"Re: METROPOLIS REPLIES "

"Re: Proud Member Of This Board Who Is Ashamed Of Comic-Keys "

"Re: Post Heritage........more Ebay price falls?"

This thread

and the deleted "Official Meth bashing" thread,

are ALL:

1. "Re" indicating I have NOT begun the thread

2. Just chiming-in on an already initiated theme/ discussion/ "bashing" of this individual SHARED by quite a few other people BESIDES me, therefore CANNOT logically be branded as "hijacked".

3. Done so without any racism, vulgarities, gay-bashing, what have you that you-know-who is well known for.

The bottom line is, for whatever their reasons are, people here feel the need to discuss this guy and his actions.

For good reason, especially those more in the know including collectors and dealers alike. 10,000 frenchmen NEVER lie.

Then he is going to be allowed to respond, and/or make statements of his own.

He has done so, yet with quite an immature, racial, threatening, what have you manner. Many would agree that he has stretched this "right" much too far.

His civility has been PROVEN to be nothing BUT civil many times over, and others inluding me, have ONLY replied in the same to him after he has initiated the flaming.

This thread is a PERFECT example (fact) of what and who he has SHOWN himself to be: Threatening, demeaining, name-calling (to more than just 1), vulgar, you name it. Allin just one thread.

My post/ reply is JUST to point this out, as if nobody already knew it smile.gif

My post/ reply is JUST to point this out, as if nobody already knew it

I think you are the LAST person who should be crusading for Meth's removal. Your opinion of him has been made clear, so I think it is unlikely that you would be impartial.

Phil