• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Chicago Purchases

47 posts in this topic

I only had a couple of hours before I had to start for home, but I did manage to find this book lurking behind a dealer's table. I already have one, but I just couldn't resist it.

th_Chi07019.jpg

Doubling up on Pep 23 and 36!! (worship)

Yeah, I noticed that too - Greedy SOB!!! lol

well, I think Steve and Paul had the best hauls of the show!....I had no idea steve got the pep 23, but maybe, just maybe, one day it will be mine (bwaaa bwaaa!!!)

congrats, great great pick ups!

rick

:sorry:

I also got these from Xavier Logan:

th_Chi07022.jpgth_Chi07020.jpg

Sweet... :cloud9:

WHAT!?!? (worship) Russ broke off some books?

I think he felt sorry for me 'cause I hadn't found many Timelys to buy. Plus, I'm on the verge of reassembling his Human Torch run...Just need the 5, 6, and 10 :wishluck:

well, I think Steve and Paul had the best hauls of the show!....I had no idea steve got the pep 23, but maybe, just maybe, one day it will be mine (bwaaa bwaaa!!!)

congrats, great great pick ups!

rick

:sorry:

you kept stuffing your funny books in that little bag, I never got to first hand enjoy them...hence, you got run :(

:jokealert:

Lot's of progress! And it sounds like you had a great time adding to your set!

I also got these from Xavier Logan:

th_Chi07022.jpgth_Chi07020.jpg

Sweet... :cloud9:

WHAT!?!? (worship) Russ broke off some books?

I think he felt sorry for me 'cause I hadn't found many Timelys to buy. Plus, I'm on the verge of reassembling his Human Torch run...Just need the 5, 6, and 10 :wishluck:

Nope, I've found myself under a spell cast by a guy named Lou Fine.It makes me sell Timelys to buy Wonderworlds&Mysterymen.I'm glad you got the Torch 2 though,and you'll be the 1st to know if I sell the 5 & 10.

I love the Pep 23! Was that from Metropolis? Congrats on the Tec 29 too... yeesh, you're having a good summer. Keep it up! (thumbs u

I think I'm done buying books for the decade lol

And yes the Pep was from metro.

Well done Ciorac!!!! :applause:

Not bad for a weekend in the ol windy city! (worship)

Thanks SW! I managed to pick up a few other books too, so it was a rousing success.

:o As if 10 books added to your Black Terror run wasn't enough, you still found time to grab more?!

You were busy! :busy:

I love the Pep 23! Was that from Metropolis? Congrats on the Tec 29 too... yeesh, you're having a good summer. Keep it up! (thumbs u

I think I'm done buying books for the decade lol

And yes the Pep was from metro.

Hopefully, you didn't have to pay the crazy multiples that the last 2 raw F/VF copies of Pep #23 went for during Dave's auctions. Of course knowing Metro, no doubt the price was also quite steep.

Either way, a very nice book and congrats on an excellent pickup on your part. (thumbs u