• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man 1

36 posts in this topic

I'd be sure and get that slabbed and on the market before the movie opens :applause: (thumbs u

Precisely what I was planning on doing. (thumbs u

And thanks for the grades everyone. Just to let you know, I bought this 2 years ago as an 8.0.

There appears to be a very light, 3/8" crease to the LRFC that barely breaks color. That, and the very light tanning may put the ceiling on this book at 8.5 hm But it's a sharp looking book with a great cut - quite presentable! (thumbs u :wishluck:

Can someone explain to me how everyone is giving this book 8.5s, even though it has about half a dozen colour-breaking spine stress lines PLUS a colour-breaking crease in the BRFC?

It IS a beautiful copy, with exceptionally clean edges and crisp corners. But don't those stress lines and the crease automatically pull it down to a Fine or F/VF at the most?

I don't mean to sound curmudgeonly... just looking for clarification from those who have more experience than me with grading.

:news:I would put this book at 8.5 as well. The reason your getting what seems a bump up in grade might be due to the fact this book is so difficult to find in nice condition. That purple cover is a nightmare. I have looked for a clean non graded copy in this condition for years, it is not easy. that color shows everything. nice Book! :headbang: