• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A stroll down Centaurman lane...visually stunning

167 posts in this topic

Very cool! I really like this rapidly developing tradition of board members with awesome collections allowing folks from the boards to come over to their place for a viewing in conjunction with a convention. We`ve had RHG at SD and now CM at Chicago? Who`s next?

Been going on for a while. I've had folks over and have visited folks like Bedrock on more than one occasion.

I'm holding out for BZ-fest '08, open house with door prizes :wishluck:

Very cool! I really like this rapidly developing tradition of board members with awesome collections allowing folks from the boards to come over to their place for a viewing in conjunction with a convention. We`ve had RHG at SD and now CM at Chicago? Who`s next?

Been going on for a while. I've had folks over and have visited folks like Bedrock on more than one occasion.

Bangzoompalooza? Count me in! :banana:

I'm there...

gator

hello all...

We have Ponseti's "con"....not really a con, but a gathering of board members and friends where we all shared our collections...

and, as I extended to Brent M of Quality, folks that would like to visit the panhandle of Fl (i.e. the beaches), are always welcome to drop by and see me!

gator

I may in the PC area later this fall working on a dig at Tyndall for several weeks. If so I may have to take you up that. Of course if you or any other board member ever comes through Tallahassee, let me know. I'd love to meet some of you guys. One of these days I'm going to make it to one of the big cons and go to a forum dinner.

Jeff

hello all...

We have Ponseti's "con"....not really a con, but a gathering of board members and friends where we all shared our collections...

and, as I extended to Brent M of Quality, folks that would like to visit the panhandle of Fl (i.e. the beaches), are always welcome to drop by and see me!

gator

hm

dude, you are always welcome, but if you bring J. Alba (and she can stay at my house if my wife will approve), I'll put you up at our condo on the beach!

gator

Sweet!!!! We will be there!!

hello all...

gator

I may in the PC area later this fall working on a dig at Tyndall for several weeks. If so I may have to take you up that. Of course if you or any other board member ever comes through Tallahassee, let me know. I'd love to meet some of you guys. One of these days I'm going to make it to one of the big cons and go to a forum dinner.

Jeff

just let me know...

rick

....ok, so I get finished thumbing through the wonderful assortment of pre Bat Tecs....and next in the "dc" box are the All American....once upon a time, I had a desire to put the run 2-25 together (sorry, 1 just doesn't do it for me)....I had accumulated a few , and at that time, a new board member by the name of bill ponseti came along and "forced" me to part with them to him...so, my quest was crushed, but I did get to enjoy the following:

chicago2007b.jpg

like Pre Bat tecs, Pre Lantern AA's are wonderfully difficult to track down, and severely under appreciated, in my opinion...luckily for us, Win knows what he likes...

tomorrow, another set of DC, then onto the "good" stuff...

gator

I'm there...

gator

"Ack!" and "Thbbbt!"

the only piece of original art I own, is a berkely breathed bloom county strip from 1980something, featuring milo and bill the cat, with that classic quote...my favorite...

rick

the only piece of original art I own, is a berkely breathed bloom county strip from 1980something, featuring milo and bill the cat, with that classic quote...my favorite...

rick

I was wondering where that quote was from.

My favorite is "Yow" from Little Lulu.

....ok, so I get finished thumbing through the wonderful assortment of pre Bat Tecs....and next in the "dc" box are the All American....once upon a time, I had a desire to put the run 2-25 together (sorry, 1 just doesn't do it for me)....I had accumulated a few , and at that time, a new board member by the name of bill ponseti came along and "forced" me to part with them to him...so, my quest was crushed, but I did get to enjoy the following:

chicago2007b.jpg

like Pre Bat tecs, Pre Lantern AA's are wonderfully difficult to track down, and severely under appreciated, in my opinion...luckily for us, Win knows what he likes...

gator

:applause::applause:

Love those pre hero AA's!!!!

Once I am done with my Flessel's those are first on my pre hero list!

AA #11 and 16 :cloud9:

Yes, but were they people you met through the boards, and were the visits publicly discussed? I`m not saying collectors have never visited other collectors` homes until now. :gossip:

Yes, but were they people you met through the boards, and were the visits publicly discussed? I`m not saying collectors have never visited other collectors` homes until now. :gossip:

No but it was listed in the paper's About Town Section along with the Spring Cotillion.

Somehow the inclusion of the boards either before or after doesn't make the events less or more distinctive. But that's me.

No but it was listed in the paper's About Town Section along with the Spring Cotillion.

Somehow the inclusion of the boards either before or after doesn't make the events less or more distinctive. But that's me.

My point was more about access. You are the consummate insider so you get to see everybody`s collections anyways. The rest of us mere mortals would never have gotten invitations to see things like Peter`s collection but for meeting up through the boards.

You are the consummate insider

lol

Seriously, sharing your collection with friends you've made through the hobby is a long-standing comic collector tradition.

lol

Seriously, sharing your collection with friends you've made through the hobby is a long-standing comic collector tradition.

I give up.

chicago2007b.jpg

gator

HEY! Do I see a couple of Larsons in there ?!?

lol

I give up.

Don't give up. Get even!

Make some friends and then visit their collection. It's a tradition!

If you are ever in Houston I am sure there are some books you can look at.

lol

I give up.

Don't give up. Get even!

Make some friends and then visit their collection. It's a tradition!

If you are ever in Houston I am sure there are some books you can look at.

I was giving up on trying to get someone who`s normally one of the brighter people on the boards to understand the point I was trying to make. :gossip: