• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Ghost - Art you can't find that you want

115 posts in this topic

Quoting Hal Turner from the Big Fish thread:

"But what about The Ghost? That's the piece that you want, that you cherish, that you know is out there SOMEWHERE...but that you've never been able to find? That never went to eBay, that isn't in CAF, that must exist somewhere in the universe -- but that you've never been able to find?

For me, The Ghost is as painful as The Big Fish. And my Ghost? I'd love a chance at the OA to the cover of Strangers in Paradise #1 (the Antarctic Press version)...wherever it is.... "

Someone should keep a list of these terms. The Ghost. That's a good one. :)

I propose that those willing "post their Ghost" and maybe someone can help them find it, or at least let them know it's not for sale. Not a full on want list, but specific pages they want to buy.

Mine are:

Ex Machina #1 Pg. #1 - Sold by Tony Harris at a Con/appearance right around when the first issue debuted. The Great Machine heads off the second 9/11 plane.

Kingdom Come #1 - Alex Ross - Green Lantern introduction splash with his fortress hovering above Earth.

Captain America Summary DPS - Alex Ross - The one that tells Cap's life story in iconic red white and blue imagery.

Jim Lee Batman: Hush/Alan Scott page - Young Bruce Wayne and Tommy Elliot look up in the Metropolis sky and see Green Lantern flying overhead.

What are your Ghosts?

The Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born issue 1 page 26. It was also the cover of the sketch variant of the same issue. I got into OA a little too late. It sold in Feb 07. Hopefully it's not hanging on some old Stephen King fans wall.

I know it's recent, but I have no idea where it went. :(

Edited by armydoc

Glenn Fabry Preacher #1 cover. It's one of two Preacher covers not owned by the guy that has the other 64. Rumored to have been given as a wedding gift years ago.

Mine is the Jean Grey and Scott Summers Wedding Print from 1994. It was drawn by Joe Mad and inked by Matt Ryan. Jim Warden who reps Joe remembers selling it but doesn't know to whom. That piece is at the top of my wantlist.

weddingmad_ryan.jpg

If Anyone knows where this is please email me. Thanks.

Be seeing you,

Brian

Covers.....

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (original series)

2 - Chris Bachalo

5 - R. Green

6 - Arthur Adams

63 - Paul Lee

and (not even sure if any of these exist)

50 - Black Cat Mystery

19 - Chamber of Chills

11,12 - Mister Mystery

15 - Tomb of Terror

4 - Weird Mysteries

and (getting crazy now)

Weird Tales of the Future - any Wolverton cover

Bill

Edited by NightGallery1

Covers.....

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (original series)

2 - Chris Bachalo

5 - R. Green

6 - Arthur Adams

63 - Paul Lee

and (not even sure if any of these exist)

50 - Black Cat Mystery

19 - Chamber of Chills

11,12 - Mister Mystery

15 - Tomb of Terror

4 - Weird Mysteries

and (getting crazy now)

Weird Tales of the Future - any Wolverton cover

Bill

Almost all of the Harvey art from the 50s exists but the covers you mention are, if my sources are correct, in the hands of a long-time collector.

Edited by adamstrange

The cover from G.I.Joe #27 by Mike Golden is the one piece I wish I could own and/or wish I knew where it was. It was the first comic I can remember reading as a kid in school and what got me hooked on reading comics.

I'd also consider any interior page from G.I.Joe #27 by Frank Springer but there's one page with Storm Shadow on top of the train that I really like.

Another would be the G.I. Joe Yearbook #1 cover, again by Golden.

The covers to Web of Spider-Man #1 (Vess) or #4 (Byrne).

Any Cosmic Odyssey art. That stuff is few and far between. I only know of two pages for sale, one is way overpriced and the other has an awful (coffee?) stain on it.

Alternatively I've been trying pretty unsuccessfully to acquire an Aragones Groo page. You'd think this wouldn't be too hard but I haven't seen too many come up for sale.

The cover from G.I.Joe #27 by Mike Golden is the one piece I wish I could own and/or wish I knew where it was. It was the first comic I can remember reading as a kid in school and what got me hooked on reading comics.

Patience is a virue Thomas. You may get that piece on day.