• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent mins...

8 posts in this topic

Just tore through a group of minis that wrapped up recently...

Wormwood was Ennis at his best. Great, great stuff. Do read this if you enjoy his twisted messed up sense of humor.

Crecy, not a mini, but pure Warren Ellis. Funny and somewhat educational read. Highly recommended.

Do not read Omega Flight. Steer way way clear of Omega Flight. Wretched mess of a book.

Okko was great fun. I'm beginning to trust just about anything that publisher puts out. Strangely enough Mouse Guard is my least favorite book from them so far.

Conan and the Midnight God (or something like that) was awesome stuff. Certainly did not have me wishing I was reading the core title.

BPRD is always great. I like how it's the mini-series format too.

Pat

Like BPRD myself. Was very pleased to find they kept it interesting without Hellboy popping up in the stories. (thumbs u

I really liked the first 4 issues of Conan and the Midnight God. But the last one felt rushed and I didn't care for the ending. Really bummed after a good start.

Pat

Yeah, a little underwhelming in the end. Really disappointing.

I'll third this. The first issue was simply fantastic and the next couple got me really pumped for the end... and then it just kind of happened. Nothing great or terrible just kinda meh. That said, this was my favorite Dark Horse Conan mini so far. Unfortunately, that's not saying much.

-Bob

Liked the idea of Omega Flight. But you're right the end product had some problems.

I liked the art in some places and not in others. Pacing seemed to stacato at times. The Guardian part of the story seemed like too much of a distraction. The letterer got to go to town though. Some pages had some huge splash lettering. (thumbs u

That's probably another sign that you know a series is bad when the "letterer" takes center stage.