• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Torpedo Comics | Coming November 2007

45 posts in this topic

http://media.www.lavozdeanza.com/media/storage/paper911/news/2007/03/12/ArtsEntertainment/Wondercon.2007-2764529.shtml

John Dolmayan took a break from drumming for "System of a Down," to talk about his new project, Torpedo Comics, a comic book retail Web site that is set to come out in November.

Q: What got you into comics? A: "I love Silver and Bronze Age comics because that was the stuff I grew up on. One of my childhood friends took me to a comic book store when I was 12 years old and I've been in love with it ever since."

Q: Tell me more about your Web site. A: "The Web site is called Torpedo Comics. We have over 10 million comics in a warehouse that will be available for purchase online. We'll start out with just comic books and then expand to other stuff like toys, statues, indie press and manga.

"We want to make it an interactive site. It will be very fan-oriented. The launch date is Nov. 1, 2007, and at this point we're open to any suggestions."

Q: You're a freakin' rock star, so why comics? A: "Well, when I'm not on tour, I'm always going to conventions. I've been going to cons for over 10 years and over time I've collected enough to fill a warehouse."

What is his comic focus? I mean is he like a Metropolis where he has all kinds of books from different Era's, or more like Pedigree where he just focuses on CGC Silver age? Are most of his books raw or CGC? I figure since he is making millions with SOAD he has got to have some truly remarkable stuff.
He sells all ages of books. I have no idea what his personal collections consists of, although I think he might have Golden Age books based upon his access to funds. Most of his stuff is raw, but he does have some slabbed books.

Thanks for the info deathlok (thumbs u (thumbs u

btw, this was his set-up at SDCC this year. The black cases were custom built to be used as storage cases as well as display cases.

sdcc2007b.jpg

sdcc2007c.jpg

What is his comic focus? I mean is he like a Metropolis where he has all kinds of books from different Era's, or more like Pedigree where he just focuses on CGC Silver age? Are most of his books raw or CGC? I figure since he is making millions with SOAD he has got to have some truly remarkable stuff.
He sells all ages of books. I have no idea what his personal collections consists of, although I think he might have Golden Age books based upon his access to funds. Most of his stuff is raw, but he does have some slabbed books.

Thanks for the info deathlok (thumbs u (thumbs u

btw, this was his set-up at SDCC this year. The black cases were custom built to be used as storage cases as well as display cases.

sdcc2007b.jpg

sdcc2007c.jpg

By the hammer of Thor!! Man those are nice!! :applause: \

Yea you were right. He is loaded with Golden Age.

Sensation 1

Tec's galore

AS8

ect.

That is a sweet con display.

By the way, internets is on purpose. Internets

Ahhh. I think it's poor form to mock the President of the US, regardless of your political views.

:whatev:

Ahhh. I think it's poor form to mock the President of the US, regardless of your political views.

No offense, but I think this has transcended politics and isn't really a mocking of the president to use it. Our president can't be a topic of humor??? :baiting:

No offense, but I think this has transcended politics and isn't really a mocking of the president to use it. Our president can't be a topic of humor??? :baiting:

For me, the President isn't a target for humor. Then again, I was in the US Army, where the President is revered as the Commander In Chief.

btw, I also capitalize the word President when referring to the President of the US.

that's just me.

For me, the President isn't a target for humor. Then again, I was in the US Army, where the President is revered as the Commander In Chief.

btw, I also capitalize the word President when referring to the President of the US.

that's just me.

:signfunny:

that's just me.

Canadian communist.

that's just me.

Canadian communist.

Ohhh!

That's the worst kind!

that's just me.

Canadian communist.

:gossip: I hear tell he's a Monarchist at heart.

that's just me.

Canadian communist.

Long live the Queen (worship)

Must resist urge to go further OT. So, when the President makes fun of himself at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, they shouldn't laugh? Kudos to you if you believe that all Presidents are off limits for humor. Most people vary their views of the subject depending on whether "their" candidate is in office. That's it. I'm done.

that's just me.

Canadian communist.

Long live the Queen (worship)

fm.jpg

Must resist urge to go further OT. So, when the President makes fun of himself at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, they shouldn't laugh? Kudos to you if you believe that all Presidents are off limits for humor. Most people vary their views of the subject depending on whether "their" candidate is in office. That's it. I'm done.

I'm not saying that at all. Other people, especially comedians often poke fun at the President. Just saying I wouldn't mock the President as others might.

This is very OT, what happened?