• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

A couple of good friends of mine suggested in another thread that I post all my White Mountain books in one thread so hear it goes.

Personal Backstory: For the past few years I had been collecting ASM pretty much exclusively with a focus on the Goblin cover books. I found that much of a narrow focus to be fairly limiting and almost boring, so I new I had to spice things up a bit or be out of the hobby. I always appreciated the covers of almost all the Marvel books, something about that Kirby style always appealed to me but had no idea where to start. Last June a book arrived in the mail that I always liked, Tales to Astonish #59. It also happened to be a White Mountain. A day later at the Paradise show here in Toronto, Bob Storms had two White Mountains for sale FF#28 and FF#37. I bought them, and I was hooked. My collection now had design and purpose. I call it my "Mini-Geppi". I want to put all the 12 cent Marvel Superhero books from the White Mountain collection back together. So here is what I have amassed so far in the last two months. It is a challenge and rewarding and look forward to sticking to it for the next 30+ years. At the end of the pictures are some interesting "statistics" that I have put together which are kind of interesting. Thanks for your interest.

From Boardie, Korvac Saga

WMTTA59.jpg

WMTTA53.jpg

WMTTA54.jpg

WMTTA58.jpg

From the Blazing One

WMFF28.jpg

WMFF37.jpg

WMASM18.jpg

WMASM34.jpg

via Ebay (with thanks to Korvac Saga as the seller wouldn't ship to Canada)

WMAvengers25.gif

From Doug at Pedigree

WMASM27.jpg

WMFF67.jpg

Through Metropolis

WMTTA66.jpg

Through the Watcher here on the boards but through ComicLink

WMTTA49.jpg

Through SilverAcre in the UK

WMTTA42.jpg

via Heritage although I am still waiting their arrival :(

WMTTA40.jpg

WMTTA43.jpg

picked these 5 up raw at WW Chicago through JHV Associates

SWforsale068.jpg

SWforsale067.jpg

SWforsale066.jpg

SWforsale065.jpg

SWforsale064.jpg

Just finished this deal with a fellow board member yesterday

WMX-Men9.jpg

Will be getting this soon, as Bill (BigHulkFan) pulled it out of his personal collection in a trade for the same book but different pedigree

WMTTA86.jpg

So that seems to be it so far. Until this I had never owned or even picked up a Tales to Astonish book in my life but seems to be the focus within the focus right now :)

White Mountain Statistics:

- There are exactly 666 White Mountain 12 cent Marvel Superhero books

- I have concluded that about 203 of these have been graded

- the average grade of the of these 203 books is 9.155

- not one single Daredevil book appears to be graded

- only 1 Tales of Suspense book appears to be graded...#39 a 9.6

- the research I've put into this pedigree is exhaustive :)

Thanks for looking and everybody's support :)

Jim

great thread. good luck and thanks for sharing! i have one white mountain... house of secrets 61. it's probably around a 7.0

Ditto, really good read/view here. (thumbs u

I've only got the one WM mylsef, and like you very glad to have it in the collection!

I don't get it. Why would someone collect only one pedigree and try to regroup all the books.

That's insane. :screwy:

Ya, you'd have to be a complete mentalist to do that! :baiting:

Though it's a little crazy it's a catchy one, only this form of OCD will burn a much bigger whole in your pocket than the 'I've got 800 copies of the same issue'..naming no names..cough cough..deathlok...cough...Cal...cough cough.

(thumbs u

Been there. Saw that.

It's been sitting on ComicLink for a couple of weeks. But thanks for the pointer.

My Green Phone goes off everytime someone lists a Green River in the known universe.

:insane: