• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

I know people had suggested that I keep this thread going as I added new books to my quest so heres a little bump since the last time I posted in this thread.

From Donut, an obvious reading copy :) I know this is a secondary copy as a 9.2 slab of this book is out there somewhere.

WMASM42.jpg

From BigHulkFan who isn't on the boards very much lately.

WMTTA67.jpg

Three books that arrived to me today courtesy of MCMiles.

WMCap101.jpg

WMCap102.jpg

WMST114.jpg

The ST is qualified because someone replaced the staples but in hand I think it's my favourite book in my collection. Gorgeous.

The next few months are going to be crazy as some high end books are available for auction in the coming months plus a collector I know of is planning on selling me a lot of 40-50 WM books that he has acquired over the years. So if all goes according to plan, I hope to crack the 100 book plateau by the end of 2008.

Still waiting to get a really good key though ie ASM #14, Avengers #4 or a TTA #27

Thanks for looking and your interest,

Jim

:hi:I'm still here!!

Did you see that the White Mountain copies of FF #13 ,15 ,16 ,22 ,25 ,26 ,36 and 38 are in ComicConnects Feb auction?

I did! :cloud9: They are SO out of my league financially! :shrug:

Thank you so much...I wasn't paying attention and you just saved me $1500-$2000. Thanks (thumbs u

Jim

But Jim you have to at least try to zero in on one of the books on offer. With Heritage and Clink putting big auctions on at the same time, the greater collecting dollar should be spread a little thin (shrug)

Good Luck Jim. (thumbs u

Those WM's are truly gorgeous books. :cloud9:

That would be great is you started a web-site like Brad's that

I always enjoy after I finally discovered it.

This is another incredible thread with some Beautiful books

shown and some very interesting reading. Adam's Pre-Hero

books were amazing along with so many others. These boards

are amazing.

It's been a super busy week for me. These two just arrived today courtesy of Telepath.

WMAvengers33.jpg

WMFF69.jpg

I also won another on Ebay today, negotiated a deal for three J.I.M,'s yesterday and bought a J.I.M. off of pedigree on Sunday but I'll post those when they arrive and when the thread needs a bump. :)

Jim

I have never owned a single J.I.M/Thor book in my life. Well my first one arrived in the mail yesterday thanks to Doug at Pedigree Comics.

WMJIM115.jpg

I'll be posting some more in the near future as I currently have another half dozen Journey into Mystery in transit to the Great White North. :)

Jim