• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The prices some people are asking for O/A are Ridiculous!

156 posts in this topic

Wow, that splash at the BIN price is...ummm....hopeful....

And for that money, even though it's key, it would be nice to have the main character in it. But what I love is the description:

"Okay, anyone viewing this auction does not need to be told the importance of this page. What does a Dark Knight or Sandman Splash sell for? "

> Each to his own, but it's not Sandman or Dark Knight, and primo Preacher interiours I don't believe come close to primo pages of those series.

"Preacher art is being horded by the members of its ever growing legion of fans lucky enough to have bought art while it was available. Although not cheap, it is well worth the buy it now price, and in the future, the sky is the limit! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to snag the issue one splash page (and best splash page of the series) before someone else puts it on their living room wall forever! "

> "The sky is the limit" and "well worth the buy it now price", wonder if he does sales for a living.

Mike - you must have loved finding this one :)

Cheers,

Does THIS AUCTION belong here?

The high bid right now is about the most I'd pay for that page. I'd rather have the title splash that sold for a grand.

Agreed. But I still think the $1000 for the title page was a bit high. And if this page is "worth" $6k, I wonder that the splashes would go for. hm $15,000 lol lol lol

If that happens ... your collection just got a nice bump in value.

But good luck buying any new ones. lol

Well, In my opinion I think that auction has just about reached its peak (unless a couple of folks buy into his pitch).

Paul, you're right, for that money it should have THE main character on it and be a FULL splash. Even then I don't see ANY single page from the series hitting $6k. And for goodness sake, Man, if you sell a page you paid under $200 for (this page has been locked up for many many years and $200 tops is what it went for back before 96), throw in some free shipping! ! And well before I spend $6k for ONE PAGE I think i'll pick up some complete issues for a little more than that.

Mike, I sure hope prices for this series haven't reached these levels yet. The seller has every right to ask whatever he wants, but I am currently in a deal for 62 PREACHER pages and I'll openly admit I'm not paying $6k apiece for them, nor am I paying $1k apiece. I just got this #1 page (thanks to Hart) less than 60 days ago( http://cafurl.com?i=5830 ) . If my math is right, it was MUCH less than 10% of the BIN price of the page on eBay.

In conclusion, all I can say is, "It'll be interesting"

Mike

p.s. check out my new PREACHER cover commission on CAF

Granted, we're agast at the BIN price, but that BIN can also be used to drive the bidding. It's the old "door in the face" sales technique.

"Hello Sir, I'd like to sell you this set of encyclopedias for $6000."

"Get lost."

"Oh, okay. How about $1000?"

Anyhow, only his reserve price really matters. If it's anything over $1000 (which I think it will reach) he's :screwy:

The bigger news here is that certain Preacher pages are reaching $1000, though a page with the mains just sold for $314, so there's proof it's not an all out explosion in the market. I think continued price escalation should be expected though.

I can't believe the reserve on that Preacher page is over $1K...

I don't think the auction will go over $1350.

Unless, like your Encyclopedia analogy, someone believes the page is worth $6k and they bid half that trying to get "a deal." And then that brings us back to the conundrum, if said buyer pays $3k(or other imaginary figure) for the page, isn't the page then worth $X,XXX

I can't believe the reserve on that Preacher page is over $1K...

I don't think the auction will go over $1350.

Unless, like your Encyclopedia analogy, someone believes the page is worth $6k and they bid half that trying to get "a deal." And then that brings us back to the conundrum, if said buyer pays $3k(or other imaginary figure) for the page, isn't the page then worth $X,XXX

I think after it went over $1K with reserve not met that stifled any further bidding. Seller could have had a sale at $1025, which would still have been a lot for this page, regardless of it being issue #1.

lol Ares you're consistent I'll give you that. With respect to the overall theme of this thread, with so little sales data out there, compared to the comic market, the price fluctuations in OA are way more volatile. This is of course not too surprising in that even with a guide standard of the OPG even comicdom has some insane offerings from time to time, whereby instead of saying the price is a spoon, we say the multiple of guide is a spoon.

2c

Okay so way back at the beginning of this forum, some people were giving me flack for having my Mike Zeck Kraven HC end pages at $400, sighting it wasn't actually art...so how come this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330323625027

seems to be something everyone is fine with...

I love the auction description lol