• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helen Slater (SUPERGIRL) appears at L.A. Comic & Sci Fi Con 9/23/07

14 posts in this topic

Fans of SUPERMAN will not want to miss HELEN SLATER (SUPERGIRL in the 1984 film) making her first west coast personal appearance at the LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2007. HELEN is also known for her roles in such films as THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN, CITY SLICKERS, THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS, RUTHLESS PEOPLE, and as the voice of Talia in BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES. HELEN will be signing autographs from 12:00 P.M.-3:00 P.M. HELEN will soon be appearig in an upcoming episode of SMALLVILLE during the new season.

Director JUSTIN LIN (THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT) will appear with some of the cast from the new film FINISHING THE GAME on stage at 1:00 P.M.. FINISHING THE GAME is a comedy that takes place during the 1970's, and concerns a casting call for an actor to replace Martial Arts Legend BRUCE LEE to finish his uncompleted last film GAME OF DEATH. All sorts of bizarre characters turn up, with names like Breeze Loo. There will be an actual screening of BRUCE LEE's GAME OF DEATH at 12:00 P.M. featuring several takes of each fight scene that BRUCE LEE had actually completed.

There will also be a giant DEALERS ROOM full of Old and New Comic Books, Toys, Action Figures, Movie Memorabilia, DVD's, Anime, Trading Cards, and many other collectibles. The LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION is celebrating it's 30th anniversary during 2007, with over 350 shows having been held. For more information check the website at www.comicbookscifi.com.

Is this Bruce?

If so nice to see you on the boards. I don't think we have spoken since I last sold at the shows as a dealer back in 1994.

I might not be able to attend this one, but I plan on attending the next one after my tax deadline of 10/15

Jim Greenspan

Well, the show was pretty good.. Went with my 2 friends and saw Helen Slater signing autographs. She still has the same features when she was younger, but of course has aged. DIdn't get a signature because I'm not really a big fan, but it was nice to see how much people lined up for it. I didn't pick up anything at the show, but enjoyed looking at all the booths and stands.