• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please rank these 3 pages

21 posts in this topic

The splash is probably the best overall page, but I like the Thor one myself even though it was Eric Masterson at the time and not the true Odinson. However, I am probably a bit biased as you can see from my collection. :grin: As far as value goes, who knows with the ridiculous prices I've been seeing lately. Have a good one.

By the way, please PM me the information on the Thor page if you decide you don't want it. :foryou:

Enforcer

Well the first one is Starlin so if they are all the same price that one is by far the best deal. You have Thanos, the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet all on the same page by the Master.

If it was just aesthetics and not how good a deal in combination then the Thor one is superb.

C

1) Thor

2) The first one

3) The second one

this is how I'd vote as well, I don't know much about the books these are from but that Thor page is incredible !... lookat'em throw that hammer !

It's your money, buy the one you'll like hanging on the wall the most! :baiting:

I'm gonna shake it up on the aesthetics rankings.

Value:

I don't know the prices, so I'll rank them in terms of how I would value them and on their potential to appreciate:

1. The first one -- it's a splash and it's by Starlin. This page will hold its value and has the best potential to appreciate.

2 & 3. I think it's a almost even between the 2nd and 3rd one. The 2nd page has great images of Thanos and explains the logic behind Thanos seeking the infinity gems. But #3 is an Infinity Gauntlet with a 3/5 splash of Thor openin' up a can of whoopass on Thanos. So I'd say the third page will probably have better long-term appreciation overall than the second one. But to me the 2nd one is a more interesting story page.

HOWEVER:

Aesthetics:

1. The first one. I like the splash. Great image of Thanos. Starlin :cloud9:

2. The second one.

3. The third one.

I know everybody likes the 3rd one better than the 2nd because of the action. My problem with #3 is that it's not the "real" Thor and I personally hate that cheesy Thor face mask Eric Masterson wore. Worst. Thor. Ever. Even though it's a partial splash, it's not a splash that knocks me out personally. I like the close up of Thanos' eyes in the second one. So to me it's no contest. #1 by a mile.

So you see, art is subjective and different people will like different things. :grin:

It's your money, buy the one you'll like hanging on the wall the most! :baiting:

I'm gonna shake it up on the aesthetics rankings.

Value:

I don't know the prices, so I'll rank them in terms of how I would value them and on their potential to appreciate:

1. The first one -- it's a splash and it's by Starlin. This page will hold its value and has the best potential to appreciate.

2 & 3. I think it's a almost even between the 2nd and 3rd one. The 2nd page has great images of Thanos and explains the logic behind Thanos seeking the infinity gems. But #3 is an Infinity Gauntlet with a 3/5 splash of Thor openin' up a can of whoopass on Thanos. So I'd say the third page will probably have better long-term appreciation overall than the second one. But to me the 2nd one is a more interesting story page.

HOWEVER:

Aesthetics:

1. The first one. I like the splash. Great image of Thanos. Starlin :cloud9:

2. The second one.

3. The third one.

I know everybody likes the 3rd one better than the 2nd because of the action. My problem with #3 is that it's not the "real" Thor and I personally hate that cheesy Thor face mask Eric Masterson wore. Worst. Thor. Ever. Even though it's a partial splash, it's not a splash that knocks me out personally. I like the close up of Thanos' eyes in the second one. So to me it's no contest. #1 by a mile.

So you see, art is subjective and different people will like different things. :grin:

Jeez Steve.....what's with the knee-jerk reaction? (shrug)

The least you could have done is take 2 minutes to think it thru.. (tsk)

:jokealert:

I will take a Jim Starlin splash (unpublished?) over Ron Lim published page any day.

:gossip: Published...from Marvel Universe: The End.

I don't care for 2 or 3 much at all. Ron Lim?...eh.

The first one is quite nice. Easy decision really. Buy #1.

As for Thanos, there is too much of an interest in him as opposed to or over Captain Marvel or Warlock.

Its good to see Starlin's fandom continue however.