• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filler or Key-- What to Buy?

What Would You Buy  

189 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Buy

16 posts in this topic

Minor key + fillers. One of the greatest things about going to cons ever since I was a kid has been coming home with a stack of comics to read. It is nice as well to bring home a 'set piece' for my collection.

As a matter of fact, this is exactly what I did the last time I went to a con - picked up a VG (but looks nicer) FF #20 and a handful of $3-$8 SA/BA Actions.

Unless it's a lone filler to complete a huge 100+ issue run, I generally prefer getting keys out of the way when I have the cash, plus fillers are generally easier to come by

I'm actually surprised there isn't anyone whose picked "mulitple filler issues." Generaly, I do like to try and grab at least a mid-key with my pile, but there are some days when the completionist in me just wants to get some business done. Again, I'm not saying this is the standard, but sometimes buying up some 20-30 fillers makes for a great exception.