• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New X-men 146 the most shocking comicbook of the last few years

14 posts in this topic

This comicbook is going to be historic. It is a must read! I don't want to say why because it will spoil those who want to read it, but let me just say I did not expect that in a million years. If the last issue of Hush has as big a revolation as this one new x-men issue then I will just explode! news.gifforeheadslap.gifcloud9.gif

This was Luke I am your father shocking to me. Seriously after issue 145 I was ready to unsubscribe but i decided for the heck of it I'd pick up 146 and read the start of the new storyline.....man am I glad I did. I was shaking after reading this comic. That doesn't happen to me often. all i can say is....WOW!

news.gif

Enjoyed it as well smile.gif

And like you said, NEVER saw it coming,even though I knew there was a BIG surprise in this issue...

I do agree that the last 5-6 issues have been weak, even though I have enjoyed the series tremendously since the reboot with issue 114.

The art the last few months has been a major letdown for me, I can't stand Bachalo, and his penciling doesn't gel with the writing at all, so I was happy to see Jimenez back a the helm in issue 146.

Morrison's writing and plotting can be a little dense here and there so he needs an artist with a rather realistic and 'clear' style to juxtapose this.

Grant Morrison writes a mean X-men, I know a lot of purist will get out the tar and feathers,but it's the best X-men run in 15 years at least...

Too bad issue #154 will be his last book....

I read it on the reccommendations of this thread. A surprise, yes it was.

But how surprising is it really. That hes back after so short a time? Or is that a continuitl question when we all know there isnt any anymore with the XMen.... or most of Marvel right now.

Im glad the art is better again. I havent read the XMen regularly for over 10 years but I too have like the New XMen reboot since 114 ....though again, I too was getting a bit lost and bored over the last few issues...

I stopped reading the New Xmen when Frank Quitely stopped drawing it. However, one you fabulous people posted on the Modern thread that this was a must read. So I picked it up and was totally taken by surprise. If you haven't read it yet, snag it now. It made me go back and read all the Cassandra Nova issues and the introduction of Xorn.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I have intentionally avoided this series, however I too will be cruising by the store this week to pick it up. It has been awhile since a modern comic has brought this much interest on the boards due to story.

Come to think of it, has there been a marvel comic released recently other than this one that has prompted a similar discussion on the forums? The Hush storyline in Batman has garnered interest among the DC/Batman fans. Can't really think of a marvel book though.