• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

lol I got love for Superman #233 as well Tony :grin:

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

My lord, that cover is just awful.

You know, if you look at it in relation to the other Neal Adams covers on Superman, the proportions are about right for how he draws Superman (extremely broad shoulders, small waist, and small legs.) I think the chains on the sides throws the whole image off though. The upper body isn't bad, but the position of the legs really kills the pose.

I have a pretty reliable source that told me one of Neal's student Continuity Studios drew that cover and they slapped Neals name on it...

Is it true?????? (shrug)

i dont know if its true, but it looks nothing like his iconic artwork of superman....

looks terrible :(

Looks like Neal at least inked it. The face looks like his recent work for sure. hm

Really hope that's not the case. It's known that a lot of big name talent have apprentices take on backgrounds and other tasks, but that'd be a shame to have someone hand in a cover without touching it.

Damn near impossible to name my all-time favorite Adams comic, but this is a small run I really like.

10008835885_3d3aaaa7d9_b.jpg

10005075004_24761b7a63_b.jpg

10005143616_85a18ddc77_b.jpg

10005094705_cd4a991099_b.jpg

Those are sure beauties and a representative sample of some of Adams' finest work on the Man of Steel. I own a Superman 233 as well and I don't think I'll ever part with it. Congrats. Great copies!

SLR

Monstro,

you have excellent taste my friend! 75 years of Superman covers and the 233 has got to be hovering in the top 10 all time (worship)

Thanks man! I agree, it's always been one of my favorite.

My favorite Neal Adams cover begins and ends with Batman #251.

Not that I don't love others...there are a ton of great ones, like X-Men #59...

...but Batman #251 was my first, and it will always be #1.

And I still have that copy, 25 years later.