• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

lol I got love for Superman #233 as well Tony :grin:

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

My lord, that cover is just awful.

You know, if you look at it in relation to the other Neal Adams covers on Superman, the proportions are about right for how he draws Superman (extremely broad shoulders, small waist, and small legs.) I think the chains on the sides throws the whole image off though. The upper body isn't bad, but the position of the legs really kills the pose.

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

You know, if you look at it in relation to the other Neal Adams covers on Superman, the proportions are about right for how he draws Superman (extremely broad shoulders, small waist, and small legs.) I think the chains on the sides throws the whole image off though. The upper body isn't bad, but the position of the legs really kills the pose.

Maybe Liefeld had a ghost inking assist :insane:

Neal's style has really changed from the early days in which I best remember him. It really doesn't stand out from the other talent that's out there now. If it wasn't for the history, I doubt there would be much notice.

I wonder what it would look like if someone else did his inks these days to soften up the lines a bit (RIP - D. Giordano).

Spectre #3 is one of my all time favorites too. Had an absolutely beautiful copy of this book back in the day before getting out of collecting. Been trying to get a reasonably priced high grade for a year now.

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

comicbooks001_zpscfce91e7.jpg

comicbooks002_zps9dec3e58.jpg

003_zps9db855e0.jpg

Just picked up my newest Action comics #485 variant to finish off my set, but this new Bronze age variant of Superman Unchained #1 from Neal Adams looks so Awesome had to show it off here :headbang:

Ronnie,

let me know if you are interested in these Supermans Im looking to sale or trade them.

2013-07-04_20-13-22_921_zps5c53ec5e.jpg

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

005_zps0366b02a.jpg

I have a pretty reliable source that told me one of Neal's student Continuity Studios drew that cover and they slapped Neals name on it...

Is it true?????? (shrug)

i dont know if its true, but it looks nothing like his iconic artwork of superman....

looks terrible :(

Looks like Neal at least inked it. The face looks like his recent work for sure. hm