• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Toy Boy !!!

The great and powerful GEMMA has updated the Neil Non-DC/Marvel drek registry!

I stuffed it full of Continuity covers that we would rather forget.

:whee:

Neil Gaiman?

(shrug)

Stop! I'll never keep up!

I have struck again!!

Not an upgrade but a genuine slot filler!!

:banana:

Which slot did you fill now? :hi:

I just filled a slot with a beauty and upgraded one book that has taken me years to track down. Each previous attempt in upgrading to an available, attractive copy ended in failure, until now. Board related hint: They are both being shipped from across the world! :whee:

I have two unique Batman covers to post when I get back from Calgary next week. Neal did a wicked Sgt. Rock sketch for another boardie this morning. It was fun talking to him while he ws sketching today.

And I entered a new zone in Neil collecting goofiness.

I bought a set of Continuity Deathwatch 2000 cards.

doh!

Don't feel bad. I'm in a zone waaaaay further out than that. For the last three years or so I've been collecting foreign editions of Adams, Wrightson & Cardy books. Here's a just a few of the Adams books, I've got around 600 foreign books altogether.

th_ActionComics419Mexico.jpgth_AdventureComics369Mexico.jpgth_AllStarWestern5Mexico_zps02997812.jpgth_Batman222Mexico.jpgth_Batman227aMexico.jpgth_Batman232Brazil_zps05c1f861.jpg

th_Batman237Philippines_zpscbc8b61a.jpgth_Batman243Italy.jpgth_Batman251Germany.jpgth_ChallengersoftheUnknown72bMexico_zpsdfd33267.jpgth_Conan37Greece.jpgth_DetectiveComics404Belgium.jpg

th_Flash246Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern76Germany.jpgth_GreenLantern85Dutch.jpgth_HouseofMystery186Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets81Mexico.jpgth_JimmyOlsen134Mexico.jpg

th_PhantomStranger14Mexico.jpgth_Spectre4Mexico.jpgth_StrangeAdventures214Mexico.jpgth_Superboy163Brazil_zps838dd987.jpgth_Superman233Mexico.jpgth_Superman250Philippines.jpg

th_SupermanFamily184Lebanon_zps754a00fc.jpgth_Thor181Mexico.jpgth_Tomahawk116Mexico_zps0fda4599.jpgth_TombofDracula6Greece.jpgth_Unexpected110Mexico_zpsf7db1153.jpgth_WeirdWesternTales15Mexico_zps44f13de4.jpg

th_WitchingHour13Mexico.jpgth_WorldsFinest210Philippines.jpgth_XMen56Mexico_zps1a95aacb.jpg

Alright... maybe it's more than a "few". lol

:applause:
If you have the time take a look through my Photobucket. I've got an almost complete Adams & Wrightson run of House of Mystery and House of Secrets from Mexico, a ton of Batman and Detective, Green Lantern, the Strange Adventures Deadman run missing only one book and a lot more. (thumbs u

What year were they published? Did they come out in conjunction with US versions or did they come later?
From what information I've been able to gather they ran anywhere from a month to a year later depending on the country and publisher.