• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 16

Choose a comic to depart this list  

327 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to depart this list

135 posts in this topic

Well, Cerebrus fought the good fight but it wasn't to be. So, Round 15 is done and Round 16 begins. Choose the next comic to depart this list. Round 15 had a great turnout in votes.

I believe JC will start Round 17 on Saturday evening.

ASM #122 and the "death" of the Green Goblin. Good stories alone aren't enough for me on this list.

Now excuse me while I go fight a windmill.

Are you calling me a windmill, sir? CHARGE! :sumo:;)

On a serious note, I can't make up my mind which Daredevil I want to vote off. Shadow made me feel bad re: Conan, so I'm going to put off voting for him off (for now), so hook me up. Which one bites the dust?

MS 5 First appearance of a second tier character. The only thing Ghost Rider ever did was get cancelled :baiting: Besides, I like Thanos or I would've voted him off.

yes. Spotlight 5. seriously, first appearance of a pretty stupid character. oh gosh, he rides a motorcycle whoopdefriggingdo

Daredevil #168 is not that big of a deal. You talk about an over-rated character, Elektra is it. She was in about 8 issues of DD that were any good. All her own series have been total flops, even though I really enjoyed the Deodato art on the middle series and like the Greg Horn covers on the latest run, and now she is a skrull in the new avengers.

MS 5 First appearance of a second tier character. The only thing Ghost Rider ever did was get cancelled :baiting: Besides, I like Thanos or I would've voted him off.

yes. Spotlight 5. seriously, first appearance of a pretty stupid character. oh gosh, he rides a motorcycle whoopdefriggingdo

But he got his powers from Satan, dude! Actually, the whole satanic aspect was pretty mind-blowing stuff for kids growing up in the early 1970s.

Serious question here, how old are you guys on this board? And when were you first reading these books. This is not a knock in anyway, I am just curious if most of you read these books new, or years later and have you read the surrounding books of the run.

I am 41 and most of these books were right in my wheel house, even though some of the stuff like Conan #1, GL #76, and HOS #92 I read several years later.

I don't see how anyone could knock the DD #158 if you read the books all around it. Miller was groundbreaking at the time. So was Byrne on X-Men #108. You would not believe how big of a deal these books were for the longest time. It is pretty funny that the book which will probably end up winning this thing (Hulk #181) is probably among the lamest stories and maybe the worst art, even though it is a historic, iconic character. Byrne's run on X-Men is a big part of what made Wolverine as popular as he is today. If he had remained looking like Trimpe drew him, we would probably be naming him in a "WORST HULK VILLAIN THREAD".

I will have to say that the list is pretty good at this point. Whatever is knocked off at this point is still a very good book.