• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Golden Patience is a virue going on ebay

30 posts in this topic

not sure if the whole sordid story would help sell the piece. if a olden fan had been unaware of the situation they might be "off" golden, at least for a little while, after reading about it

I do not believe it is possible to recover anywhere near what the artist took for the piece.

My thinking is what kind of buyer would pay for a piece with a different person's name integral to the art along with a blantant typo? Let alone being done by an artist with the level of skill/professionalism as demonstrated by the art produced for the seller.

As a comparison, there are some artists out there that do a superior piece/sketch that are aboslutely free. There are numerous artist that would do a superior piece/sketch for far less than what this originally cost.

Edwin

I wonder since the buyer commissioned the piece, if the owner of the piece could reprint it in say a home made print (does he own the rights to it, since it probably doesn't fall under the same thing as a art piece simply sold). Title it as Patience is a Virue by Michael Golden and limit it to a very small print run, that would be something Golden probably wouldn't want to see out there.

I wonder since the buyer commissioned the piece, if the owner of the piece could reprint it in say a home made print (does he own the rights to it, since it probably doesn't fall under the same thing as a art piece simply sold). Title it as Patience is a Virue by Michael Golden and limit it to a very small print run, that would be something Golden probably wouldn't want to see out there.

Selling any type of reproduction of copyrighted item could get

you in big, big trouble. this character is (of course) copyrighted.

Golden can't do anything, but Marvel can. Whom ever owns "THIS"

original piece can do what ever they want; except reproduce, and

sell those prints.

Selling any type of reproduction of copyrighted item could get

you in big, big trouble. this character is (of course) copyrighted.

Golden can't do anything, but Marvel can. Whom ever owns "THIS"

original piece can do what ever they want; except reproduce, and

sell those prints.

Not only that but he's going to have trouble selling the original for any price why would you bother to make a print of this?

What if you commission him to do an original piece without any known characters (say) you pay him to draw a Jack the Ripper piece? I know nobody ones the rights to Jack the Ripper, do they? I don't think when you commission an artist that they make you sign a non-repro. contract, do they?