• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What age is the majority of everyones collection???

40 posts in this topic

15% silver - 90% marvel, 10%DC

30% Bronze - 70 % marvel, 30% DC

55% Modern - 50% Marvel, 49% DC, 1% people either previously owned or bought by marvel, but now owned by somebody else, but still claiming to be independent confused.gif

Here's an approximate breakdown of my "collection" (post-1980 books not included):

Valuewise - 40% gold, 55% silver, 5% bronze

Numberwise - 10% gold, 70% silver, 20% bronze

Unfortunately, I probably have as many post-1980 books I no longer want as the total number of gold/silver/bronze...

I wish I could say the majority of my collection was silver/bronze... but that'd be a lie... I have about 8 or 9 thousand books, probably about 500 silver, 1500 bronze...

so that's about 25 % silver/bronze,

75% 1980s and up stuff. Including an entire box of valiant, image, dark horse (which isn't all bad) stuff... but hey, when you own a complete run of that Image classic Brigade, and can say you own all the Ninjaks, it makes it all worth it when you have to move those long boxes every time I move somewhere.

I have been buying so many BA books from greggy that the stats are skewed! Now about 70% Atom/GA and 30% BA.
Boy, your collection must be small if that small amount of books made such a dent in your Bronze collection! flowerred.gif

I've got at least 15,000 comics I'd hazard... but only about 10% is Silver Age, 20% is Bronze Age, and 70% is 1980's and up.

Probably have at least 1500 Valiants, 2000 Image books, 1500 80's independents, 8000 Marvels, 2500 DC's, etc.

Even near complete runs of Defiant, near complete runs of Broadway comics, New Universe, and even multiple copies of Teknocomix!

(Yes, I own a bunch of [!@#%^&^] or rather... undiscovered Gems! )

I also have an uncashed $5 check from Jim Shooter's Defiant Comics made out to me. A great piece of memorabilia.... That and my Avengers ID and JLA identity cards....

I have been buying so many BA books from greggy that the stats are skewed! Now about 70% Atom/GA and 30% BA.
Boy, your collection must be small if that small amount of books made such a dent in your Bronze collection! flowerred.gif

Actually, it is pretty small. Maybe 60 pre-code horror books carefully selected for cover and condition. It represents 1/2 of the type set. And another 70 or so Jungle/Jumbo/Dagar etc. GA Good Girl books. Actually, looks like my BA is over 50%.

Just curious to find out what age the majority of your comics are. Id say 30% of mine is silver, 30% bronze, and the other 40% are modern. cool.gif

Well, I am pushing 65+ long boxes but I would hazard a guess at

Platinum and earlier : less then 1%

Golden : 2%

Silver : 40%

Bronze : 25%

Modern : 32% ( just to make it even.)

In terms of value, 70% is from the silver age.

Tomega

I don't have an estimate of my reader collection but of my uhh... collecting collection I have a spreadsheet so.. here goes

Golden Age - 14 of 723 = 1.9 percent

Silver Age - 528 of 723 = 73 percent

Bronze Age - 103 of 723 = 14.2 percent

Modern Age - 78 of 723 = 10 percent

If I include my modern raw run of ASM's than the numbers would be higher.

Brian

Nothing more than a rough estimate:

Based upon quantity:

------------------------------

Golden-age - 15%

Silver-age - 10%

Bronze-age - 50%

Modern>1980 - 25%

Based upon value:

--------------------------

Golden-age - 80%

Silver-age - 5%

Bronze-age - 10%

Modern>1980 - 5%

Neglecting thrashed reading copies and modern age junk not considered part of my 'permanent collection' (Ha!), I'd guesstimate:

15% Modern Age (Sandman, Starman, 80s Indies, Alan Moore stuff, Frank Miller stuff, Morrison stuff)

40% Bronze Age (Batman, Superman, Barry Smith Conan, Kirby 4th World, Adams/Wrightson/Kaluta books, JLA, Legion)

34% Silver Age (JLA, Legion, Green Lantern, Flash, Doom Patrol, Giordano-edited books, Steranko Nick Fury, late Kirby Fantastic Four, Thunder Agents)

01% Atom Age (just a handful of ECs)

10% Golden Age (Quality, Fawcett, DC, mainly WWII covers)