• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12¢ VFs at 50% of Guide

357 posts in this topic

Four books to go. I have to download the scans to Photobucket so I'll be 5 minutes.

I'd be interested in any comments on the thread. I never expected to sell all the books like this. Have I way under priced? Last time I tried to sell 12 cent Marvel VFs at 60% of guide I sold absolutely nothing. Granted that was a bunch of Strange Tales and Dr. Strange which aren't as popular as ASM, Avengers and DDs.

Thoughts???

Mike

I was buying in that Nik thread that JCs talking about. It wasn't the winners that were complaining it was the losers.

Danged if Ben Johnson never complained a but about all those Gold medals, or Barry Bonds about his Home Run records. Strange how that is. lol

My point is More losers then winners = more people to be angry at the end result.

Four books to go. I have to download the scans to Photobucket so I'll be 5 minutes.

I'd be interested in any comments on the thread. I never expected to sell all the books like this. Have I way under priced? Last time I tried to sell 12 cent Marvel VFs at 60% of guide I sold absolutely nothing. Granted that was a bunch of Strange Tales and Dr. Strange which aren't as popular as ASM, Avengers and DDs.

Thoughts???

Mike

Great books + great prices = great thread!! (thumbs u

I would say they might have been underpriced based on how fast they sold. I didn't buy any of the Spidey's b/c I didn't want them, but you had no trouble selling anything. Perhaps 75% might yield more even results, at least for the more popular titles. You can always go lower, you can't go higher. Perhaps 50% for the less so?

I'm not aware of such a rule. But then I don't monitor things all that carefully in that thread stickied.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you were actually replying to the posts of the books for sale, rather than just "quick replying" them in.

That's what caused all the furor in one of Nic's threads.

That's exactly right. The :takeit: has to be posted in reply to the book being claimed, otherwise I'll just post an :takeit: for a player to be named later :insane:

I guess I never scanned the books. I'll have to stop here for tonight. Four more DDs, a bunch of Westerns, Strange Tales and some X-Men along with other titles at one or two books each. I'll send out invoices at the end of the thread. If you would like one now just PM me.

Thanks everyone for a great evening.

Mike

My point is More losers then winners = more people to be angry at the end result.

I hope everyone realizes that I have nothing against Foolkiller and congratulate him on the books he won. I also don't think he did anything wrong.

But on the other hand, some people have attempted scams, and by allowing :takeit: that reference posts older than the For Sale post, that just invites scams and tricks - like posting a message and then checking what got loaded and then going back to edit it with the correct title and number.

By requiring that the :takeit: links directly to the For Sale post, it just eliminates all sorts of potential issues and disputes.

I would say they might have been underpriced based on how fast they sold. I didn't buy any of the Spidey's b/c I didn't want them, but you had no trouble selling anything. Perhaps 75% might yield more even results, at least for the more popular titles. You can always go lower, you can't go higher. Perhaps 50% for the less so?

Yes - if the buyer's of Avengers 6, 15 and possibly 28 want to make a quick and direct flip, I'm all ears.

Yes - if the buyer's of Avengers 6, 15 and possibly 28 want to make a quick and direct flip, I'm all ears.

Man, you guys are rough...flippin' in the original owner's thread!