• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,531 posts in this topic

I have bought 2 GL 7's lately... both were raw...one was about a 6.5, pressed to a 7.5 and had cr/ow pages...sold for $750

the other is not a pressing candidate, so straight sub and it is a 7.5 with ow pages...some tire kickers at mega con, but no interest at $750... makes me wonder hm

I'm looking to buy a Green Lantern 7 in 6.0. What price should I expect to pay for it in that grade?

I have bought 2 GL 7's lately... both were raw...one was about a 6.5, pressed to a 7.5 and had cr/ow pages...sold for $750

the other is not a pressing candidate, so straight sub and it is a 7.5 with ow pages...some tire kickers at mega con, but no interest at $750... makes me wonder hm

I'm looking to buy a Green Lantern 7 in 6.0. What price should I expect to pay for it in that grade?

they seem to go for about $100 a point... not saying they "should" go for that much, but with movie hype, etc, that is what I have seen

they seem to go for about $100 a point... not saying they "should" go for that much, but with movie hype, etc, that is what I have seen

Is that for raw copies or slabs?

Is that for raw copies or slabs?

I have only seen 2 slabbed 6.0's, both went for around $600... the only price difference between raw and slabs, if the same grade, should be the cost of the slab ($20-50)

Grab a decent looking copy now before the movie spike hits in fuller force. The books to get are: #1, 7, 8, 9 (1st Sinestro cover and very tough in HG), #15 (prices are down right now but 2nd Sinestro cover), #16, #18, #29 (1st Black Hand = Blackest Night), #40, #76, and #87.

Are there any particular grades to aim for or is it not all that important?

Edited by StarkEnterprises

Grab a decent looking copy now before the movie spike hits in fuller force. The books to get are: #1, 7, 8, 9 (1st Sinestro cover and very tough in HG), #15 (prices are down right now but 2nd Sinestro cover), #16, #18, #29 (1st Black Hand = Blackest Night), #40, #76, and #87.

um. highest grade possible without overpaying.

tough to avoid right now (the overpaying part)

OK. So, say I want GL 7. We established earlier that raw prices for 6.0 are usually $100. Given the current boom in prices, what price would be overpaying for this grade?

OK. So, say I want GL 7. We established earlier that raw prices for 6.0 are usually $100. Given the current boom in prices, what price would be overpaying for this grade?

price for a raw 6.0 is $100 ? No, what Gator said is that right now its around $100 a grade point, so $600 (he mentioned CGC graded copies also). Obviously the higher up you go the rarer the book gets as it is an early 60s DC and that formula probably stops working once you get to the 7.0 and up range.

Long term I dont think this book is a big enough key that in 6.0 it should be selling for that much but who knows, maybe the GL movie will just explode.

price for a raw 6.0 is $100 ? No, what Gator said is that right now its around $100 a grade point, so $600 (he mentioned CGC graded copies also). Obviously the higher up you go the rarer the book gets as it is an early 60s DC and that formula probably stops working once you get to the 7.0 and up range.

Long term I dont think this book is a big enough key that in 6.0 it should be selling for that much but who knows, maybe the GL movie will just explode.

I agree... if one is patient, the book will be back in the $250 range for a fn (thumbs u

Let me know if I've got this right as I'm not sure I understand what is being said. If the grade point is $100 for this issue, is the current price scale something like this:

3.5: $100

4.0: $200

4.5: $300

5.0: $400

5.5: $500

6.0: $600

6.5: $700

Please let me know if I have understood this correctly.

a 7.5 sold for $750

a 6.0 sold for $600

by that logic, a 5.0 would sell for $500

take the cgc grade and multiply by $100

now, does a 2.0 sell for $200 , not sure, haven't see any, but at least in the fn to vf range, $100 per point, is about right

I agree... if one is patient, the book will be back in the $250 range for a fn (thumbs u

I just sold one a couple of weeks ago in the fine range for $150 or so.

I just sold one a couple of weeks ago in the fine range for $150 or so.

there you go... not like roy to leave $'s on the table :baiting: but there are still folks out there that are behind the curve, not in front of it...

I was in front of it big time on SC 22.... I am at the plate on GL7's (as mentioned, I sold a previous 6.5 cr/ow pressed to a 7.5 for $750... and I do have a virgin ow 7.5 for the same price, so go figure lol )

Hmmm. It seems that I'm too late to the party for GL keys. My limit on a single book is $250 for financial reasons so I guess that prices me out on just about all of them or is it still possible to get any for that price or less? At least I got my 6.5 GL 76 7 months ago when prices were a bit lower.

Hmmm. It seems that I'm too late to the party for GL keys. My limit on a single book is $250 for financial reasons so I guess that prices me out on just about all of them or is it still possible to get any for that price or less? At least I got my 6.5 GL 76 7 months ago when prices were a bit lower.
there are many many folks out there, as mentioned, that are probably still behind on the pricing and the "hot" books... i generally do not pay attention as I primarily collect golden age, but I have made it my business to try to educate myself on current trends (these boards are a great source)...

be patient, these type pricing tiers run in cycles

As Rick said, keep your eye out for dealers that are note aware of the current market. I landed this copy for $75 from one who runs banner ads on the boards a couple of months ago:

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg