• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,524 posts in this topic

GL is part of it, but I think it is just the "catch up" phase that SA DC keys need to go through now in relation to the SA Marvel keys. Besides, as we are starting to see, some of these more "common" DC keys are still not as readily available in 7.0+ as they are perceived to be.

Great perception. Okay, some fun facts. Let's see which top SA DC is more scarce in CGC universal 7.0+

Brave and the Bold 28 (41 copies of 348) 11.78%

Flash 105 (26 copies of 217) 11.98%

Green Lantern 1 (70 copies of 389) 17.99%

Justice League 1 (54 copies of 417) 12.94%

Showcase 4 (19 copies of 204) 9.31%

Showcase 22 (22 copies of 327) 6.72%

So, GL 1 is most common. BB28, F105,JL1 is uncommon. Showcase 4 and 22 is quite scarce in 7.0+. This data confirms SC22 in 9.2 could be a long shot.

Your post made me curious how the other major early key, Adventure 247, stacked up.

What`s surprising is how under-submitted Adventure 247 is compared to these books. Only 145 copies in total, well below the 2nd lowest, Flash 105. However, of those, 23 are 7.0 or higher, representing the 2nd highest percentage at 15.86% behind GL 1, although perhaps it`s a bit deceptive because 12 of those are right at 7.0.

Is Adventure #247 still considered a DC SA key? :devil:

:jokealert:

What is interesting is that nothing over 9.0 in a SC 22 has been uncovered but there are 2- 9.2s and -9.4 for Flash 105.

The 9.4 Flash 105 ain`t real. :gossip:

Used to sit in a 9.2 slab. We know it got cleaned, and can only conjecture as to what else happened to it during its journey from a 9.2 slab to a 9.4 slab.

The real anomaly is Showcase 4. If you`d think that any book would be really tough in grade, it would be Showcase 4. And yet there is not only a 9.2, but also a 9.4 and a 9.6, and as far as I can tell all are legitimate grades.

Edited by tth2

What is interesting is that nothing over 9.0 in a SC 22 has been uncovered but there are 2- 9.2s and -9.4 for Flash 105.

Used to sit in a 9.2 slab. We know it got cleaned, and can only conjecture as to what else happened to it during its journey from a 9.2 slab to a 9.4 slab.

The real anomaly is Showcase 4. If you`d think that any book would be really tough in grade, it would be Showcase 4. And yet there is not only a 9.2, but also a 9.4 and a 9.6, and as far as I can tell all are legitimate grades.

an alarm was just triggered in villa z, expect the scan shortly

Until the 9.6 owner sells his copy to me, the answer is "No!"

I must have missed it. When did the Adventure 247 9.6 showed up? I thought you had the highest graded copy. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

GL is part of it, but I think it is just the "catch up" phase that SA DC keys need to go through now in relation to the SA Marvel keys. Besides, as we are starting to see, some of these more "common" DC keys are still not as readily available in 7.0+ as they are perceived to be.

Great perception. Okay, some fun facts. Let's see which top SA DC is more scarce in CGC universal 7.0+

Adventure 210 (27 copies of 67) 40.29%

Adventure 247 (23 copies of 145) 15.86%

Brave and the Bold 28 (41 copies of 348) 11.78%

Flash 105 (26 copies of 217) 11.98%

Green Lantern 1 (70 copies of 389) 17.99%

Justice League 1 (54 copies of 417) 12.94%

Showcase 4 (19 copies of 204) 9.31%

Showcase 22 (22 copies of 327) 6.72%

So, GL 1 is most common. BB28, F105,JL1 is uncommon. Showcase 4 and 22 is quite scarce in 7.0+. This data confirms SC22 in 9.2 could be a long shot.

Your post made me curious how the other major early key, Adventure 247, stacked up.

What`s surprising is how under-submitted Adventure 247 is compared to these books. Only 145 copies in total, well below the 2nd lowest, Flash 105. However, of those, 23 are 7.0 or higher, representing the 2nd highest percentage at 15.86% behind GL 1, although perhaps it`s a bit deceptive because 12 of those are right at 7.0.

Pardon my oversight. I would add Adventure 247. Since this post is about 7.0+, obliviously some of these keys in 9.0+ is truly rare. I know I may be biased, but SC22 is a very rare species in 7.0+ and let alone anything above 8.0.

Would someone put Adv 210 in there to pump up the FMV ?? lol

For you sir. Obviously only high grade submitters on this one...so it doesn't count. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Maybe the cover color scheme hurts SC #22? That, and the fact that it was an underappreciated book for soooooo long.

I must have missed it. When did the Adventure 247 9.6 showed up? I thought you had the highest graded copy. (shrug)

I wish. The 9.6 copy has been there almost since the first census.

Now I REALLY would trade Mom's banana pudding for that 9.6 !!! hmlol

Now I REALLY would trade Mom's banana pudding for that 9.6, if it were a true SA key like Showcase #22 or B&B #28 !!! hmlol

:o

Well, all I can say is the only collector that I know who owned both a 9.4 B&B 28 and a 9.4 Adventure 247 was willing to sell the B&B 28 but wasn`t willing to sell the Adventure 247. hm

What was he thinking? lol

:foryou:

Edited by kimik

Well, all I can say is the only collector that I know who owned both a 9.4 B&B 28 and a 9.4 Adventure 247 was willing to sell the B&B 28 but wasn`t willing to sell the Adventure 247. hm

Go back and look at all the old OS guides and qtrly pubs and we'll ALL see that A247 was always a top key (I believe it was ahead of AF15 for awhile).

Here's to a nice 247 anywhere! (thumbs u

First love...emotionally attached...BB28 offer was too sweet to refuse. (shrug)

Hopefully he posts a response here later today. :wishluck:

The response is that the owner was willing to sell the B&B 28 but was not willing to sell the Adventure 247.

First love...emotionally attached...BB28 offer was too sweet to refuse. (shrug)

Hopefully he posts a response here later today. :wishluck:

The response is that the owner was willing to sell the B&B 28 but was not willing to sell the Adventure 247.

lol

Knowing who the owner was, probably a wise move timing wise. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik