• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,511 posts in this topic

I've always been a GL fan, primarily the Golden Age character, and love the early All-Americans and GA Green Lanterns. I do have a couple SA GLs lying around tho....

GL1_4.0frontmd.jpg

And the other.....

GL1_8.5frontmd.jpg

Well since you have two, I will send you my address and you can just get rid of that 4.0 copy, as I am sure that you don't want it taking up space next to the other one.. I will even pay the postage for it.b/c I am such a nice guy. . . just kidding.

Great looking books! Do you have pics of any of your GA ones?

I've always been a GL fan, primarily the Golden Age character, and love the early All-Americans and GA Green Lanterns. I do have a couple SA GLs lying around tho....

GL1_4.0frontmd.jpg

And the other.....

GL1_8.5frontmd.jpg

Well since you have two, I will send you my address and you can just get rid of that 4.0 copy, as I am sure that you don't want it taking up space next to the other one.. I will even pay the postage for it.b/c I am such a nice guy. . . just kidding.

Great looking books! Do you have pics of any of your GA ones?

Only have one All-American scanned as of yet.......

AAC61_9.0md.jpg

Here's a scan of my Green Lantern #8:

GreenLantern8.jpg

It's in fabulous condition but personally I think the painted cover is among the worst efforts on Gil Kane's part.

:(

I agree. . .just box it up and send it to me. That way it won't bother you anymore.

Nice book!

All nice stuff here. :applause: If the Green Lantern enterprise becomes fully mainstream, it's party time.

I hope you and Ryan both resolved to pump harder in 2011.

You'll be thanking us when we finally get around to Adventure #247 and early Legion appearances. :baiting:

I guess I should give you guys my undercopies so you`ll be incentivized.

Well, I do know that a cgc 1.5/1.8 Adventure #247 sold a year or so ago for $1100 no questions asked at a local show.......

All nice stuff here. :applause: If the Green Lantern enterprise becomes fully mainstream, it's party time.

You'll be thanking us when we finally get around to Adventure #247 and early Legion appearances. :baiting:

Well, I do know that a cgc 1.5/1.8 Adventure #247 sold a year or so ago for $1100 no questions asked at a local show.......

In that case I retract my offer. :grin:

In that case I retract my offer. :grin:

Sorry, I meant $110, not $1100 - feel free to send them my way. :devil:

GL1_4.0frontmd.jpg

And the other.....

GL1_8.5frontmd.jpg

That 8.5 looks terrific and centered. Very presentable. :applause:

n3u7ua.jpg

saw this on ebay maybe a year ago- it was up for around $300, no takers on it. I probably should have gotten it, if there was a Flash one I would have been all over it

Its a 3x5 promotional postcard sent in the mail to DC readers, heralding the new GL book. Came out in 1960

Were it but sharper and whiter I'd ante up the $300.

(thumbs u

I bought it from Motor City Comics about twelve years ago. Motor City graded it as NM- on the certificate. While it has some weaknesses, overall the copy is really tough to beat.

(shrug)

That is a very clean and bright copy. Do you think you would get a 9.2 or better if slabbed?

I bought it from Motor City Comics about twelve years ago. Motor City graded it as NM- on the certificate. While it has some weaknesses, overall the copy is really tough to beat.

(shrug)

That is a very clean and bright copy. Do you think you would get a 9.2 or better if slabbed?

No, I don't honestly think it's a 9.4. I'd be a bit disappointed if it came in as an 8.5 and very satisfied if it came in as a 9.2. So perhaps it may be a 9.0.

(shrug)