• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Out of the loop

12 posts in this topic

Well I missed most of the summer with comics. I was just curious if anything good came out while I was gone?

I was getting away from Marvel and getting more and more into DC. I was mainly following Teen Titans, JLA, and Batman. I wanted to try the recent GL with the Sinestro Corps. But is the DCU still getting more and more confusing???

Teen Titans, IMO, has gone pretty sour. I'm pretty much done with it. Johns left the book.

JLA is so-so. A lot of people like it. I have to admit that I loved the issue with Vixen & Red Arrow trapped.

Batman's been pretty good. I'm enjoying the recent arc. Detective is solid.

Overall, I went through the same Marvel dip and DC surge. I think I've reverted back to a Marvel Zombie.

Pat

After getting into DC alot I think I might be getting back into Marvel. I mean grew up with Marvel characters so I guess I have more of a bond, if you want to call it that. Besides that point, the DC universe seems very hard to follow. Especially ever since the build up to Infinite Crisis. DC has seem to just be ONE BIG EVENT that just keeps rolling but this does show a very tight continuity.

WELCOME BACK TO MODERN COMICS!!!!

:gossip:We missed you. I think you might like to look into The Immortal

Iron Fist also new out this week is Captain America:The Chosen by David Morell

(the creator of Rambo) and artist Mitch Breitweisen. Also look throught the

Rate What You Read thread here in Modern. Stephen.

Teen Titans, IMO, has gone pretty sour. I'm pretty much done with it. Johns left the book.

JLA is so-so. A lot of people like it. I have to admit that I loved the issue with Vixen & Red Arrow trapped.

Batman's been pretty good. I'm enjoying the recent arc. Detective is solid.

Overall, I went through the same Marvel dip and DC surge. I think I've reverted back to a Marvel Zombie.

Pat

Yeah, I'd have to agree on the Titans. Been there faithfully cept for a Liefeld issue. It's like the tire has been going flat, and they've been trying to pump it up to no avail.

I forgot GL. I'm really enjoying it. About time the GL Corp had a worthy opponent. I still question some of the people they chose for the Sinestro Corp. But I'm not that worried about it.

Brain is right, Immortal Iron Fist is so good! The last issue is what keeps me in the comic world. After reading it, I was shocked at another members negative responses to the book. The art is perfect for the story. Seriously, pick it up.

Pat

I'm liking JLA but JSA is the better book right now. If you missed the Lightning Saga you should pick it up.

GL/GLC is great right now with the Sinestro Corp War and another story they've introduced about the Star Saphires. They might or might not cross the 2 stories over.

Dynamity picked up The Boys. Check that out if you like Ennis.

I'll ditto Iron Fist and Detective. Both are excellent. Not a DC, but Daredevil is also great right now. After reading 99, I'm eagerly anticipating 100.

Brubaker is on FIRE right now, everthing he touches is gold (worship)

If you pick up DD and like it you should also check out Criminal.

I'll ditto Iron Fist and Detective. Both are excellent. Not a DC, but Daredevil is also great right now. After reading 99, I'm eagerly anticipating 100.

Brubaker is on FIRE right now, everthing he touches is gold (worship)

If you pick up DD and like it you should also check out Criminal.

What about Captain America? (another great Brubaker title)