• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Bolt 106

20 posts in this topic

Think I'll be slabbing this book so I wanted a copy of the interior at least until I can find another reading copy and thought I'd post it here as well. The placement of the lower staple prevents the book opening flat so I can't scan it and I am obviously not a photographer. Still, good enough for the time being. Also, don't know if this book really is scarce, or if the people who have a copy tend to hold on to them, but I think this book is conspicuous by its absense from the CGC/GPA tables. Anyhoo - here is:

Blue Bolt 106

cover.jpg

insidecover.jpg

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

page8.jpg

page9.jpg

page10.jpg

page11.jpg

page12.jpg

page13.jpg

page14.jpg

page15.jpg

page16.jpg

page17.jpg

page18.jpg

page19.jpg

page20.jpg

page21.jpg

page22.jpg

page23.jpg

page24.jpg

page25.jpg

page26.jpg

page27.jpg

page28.jpg

page29.jpg

page30.jpg

page31.jpg

page32.jpg

insidebackcover.jpg

backcover.jpg

I love these types of photo runs.

But you gave it all up to easily! You shoulda made us wait a day or three before giving us the whole book.

Thanks for posting it though, it was fun.

Ze-

I love these types of photo runs.

But you gave it all up to easily! You shoulda made us wait a day or three before giving us the whole book.

Thanks for posting it though, it was fun.

Ze-

The first one's free. From now on - you pay!

Cool - I never realized that the entire book was a GA reprint from the early 40s Blue Bolts- how much of the run is that true for - a neat way to pick up old S&K and Wolverton stories and get a nice Cole cover as a bonus.

Cool - I never realized that the entire book was a GA reprint from the early 40s Blue Bolts- how much of the run is that true for - a neat way to pick up old S&K and Wolverton stories and get a nice Cole cover as a bonus.

The Wolverton story is from an early issue of Target Comics.

doh!

if 105 is the same, i just paid alot of money sunday nite for a reprint.

yup. you did.

it's got an "okay" cover as compensation. (:

link

You picked up the 7.5? I was looking at that one, but I couldn't justify spending $500+ again for another nice copy. You would have outbid me anyway.

Glad you got one, that cover is fantastic....even if the interiors are reprints.

You picked up the 7.5? I was looking at that one, but I couldn't justify spending $500+ again for another nice copy. You would have outbid me anyway.

Glad you got one, that cover is fantastic....even if the interiors are reprints.

Well, Superman #1 is mostly reprints and probably close to half the copies floating around are 2nd and 3rd prints - and people still pay crazy money for the book

Well, Superman #1 is mostly reprints and probably close to half the copies floating around are 2nd and 3rd prints - and people still pay crazy money for the book

I am a Cole collector, so you are preaching to the choir. I couldn't care less if the interiors are reprints....hell, most of the time I couldn't care less what the interiors are at all. I buy vintage books for the covers, I buy modern reprints of golden age books for the stories.

hell, i can't justify what i spent either--i...simply......MUST.... FEED........

THE BEAST!!!!!!!!!