• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

Another Blonde Phantom (#13), one my all-time favorite covers:

BlondePhantom-13.jpg

szelim! i think that's my old copy; would recognize that corner anywhere.

I bought this about a year ago, and someone else commented he sold this two years ago. This one seems to get around alot! lol

This thread is dangerous, I HAD to have a Miss America Story...

I know she was only in a few issues, not sure which ones, but I know she's in here...I might even have to do priority mail, lol...

Miss America from Ebay

Nice pick-up Sharon! :golfclap:

Yeah! Please let us know more about Sigh-Entific Studying from the inside cover feature.

Jack

Well, heck yeah! I'm sure I could think of lots of topics to discuss with a science sleuth like Jill.

Jack

Wow. It seems you work fast. In the span of ONE day, you've met her, married her, gone into business with her and they already are telling us stories about you guys. Fast, fast, fast, ... Hey, say, you've never told us about your dancing abilities (tsk)

44190-National15-JackandJill.jpg.8afedf8b2be21f089654f26f00b1eb86.jpg

Well, heck yeah! I'm sure I could think of lots of topics to discuss with a science sleuth like Jill.

Jack

Wow. It seems you work fast. In the span of ONE day, you've met her, married her, gone into business with her and they already are telling us stories about you guys.

What can I say? That Jill is a cutie.

Fast, fast, fast, ... Hey, say, you've never told us about your dancing abilities (tsk)

That's because I'm fed up with that crazy step!

Jack

44190-National15-JackandJill.jpg

Thanks for the information on the Miss America guys, I'm a little out of it, today, my daughter just called to tell me she got engaged, so I have a feeling I'll be selling a few books, lol..instead of shopping for more Miss America's...We'll have to see:)

Thanks for the information on the Miss America guys, I'm a little out of it, today, my daughter just called to tell me she got engaged, so I have a feeling I'll be selling a few books, lol..instead of shopping for more Miss America's...We'll have to see:)

:applause: Congratulations!!! :applause:

The wedding's probably not for a while so you can let your books appreciate a bit more in value.

lol..thanks...my daughter, although very young, is a mathematician and VERY practical,

hm. I've known more than a few mathematicians (my wife has a BS and started a MS in math) and that's a VERY unusual combination.

I'm not worried...I might need to start drinking,

Start, y'say?

but I'm fine:) It's just hard to believe:)

Maybe I can get my future son-in-law interested in my comics:)

Congratulations to you and your daughter, and good luck converting your son-in-law.

Jack

Finally! For all the Mandrake wanna-bes that literally littered the little GA world, there was a sorry dearth of female magician. Here's one of them: Margo -

Source?

Sorry. Thankfully I left myself a clue in the scan name: USQ2-MargoMagician.jpg. This is from Uncle Sam Quarterly # 2. :sorry:

Finally! For all the Mandrake wanna-bes that literally littered the little GA world, there was a sorry dearth of female magician. Here's one of them: Margo -

Source?

Sorry. Thankfully I left myself a clue in the scan name: USQ2-MargoMagician.jpg. This is from Uncle Sam Quarterly # 2. :sorry:

IIRC there is also a very surreal story in that same issue. Don't recall the subject just that I was impressed.

Source?

IIRC there is also a very surreal story in that same issue. Don't recall the subject just that I was impressed.

Yes, there is: Uncle Sam in War in Kidland. To keep with the thread topic, I'll show a girl but the pages with Uncle Sam are also great. Probably a story that will appear one day in the Golden Age Collection thread ...

44212-USQ2-SurrealGirl.jpg.ad0050296d00ad123f720033be047c03.jpg

Always nice to see the first appearance of Godzilla. He needs to go easy on the makeup.

Uncle Sam in War in Kidland.

I'm sure that's it. I remembered as a kid-oriented feature but couldn't remember whether it was funny animal or not.

lol..thanks...my daughter, although very young, is a mathematician and VERY practical, I'm not worried...I might need to start drinking, but I'm fine:) It's just hard to believe:)

Are you going to make them put this on a registry list?:

277_4_006.jpg

image courtesy of GCD

lol..thanks...my daughter, although very young, is a mathematician and VERY practical, I'm not worried...I might need to start drinking, but I'm fine:) It's just hard to believe:)

Are you going to make them put this on a registry list?:

277_4_006.jpg

image courtesy of GCD

lol...do you think it would WORK? I could try it? Maybe Metropolis let's you do that..;)

Except my daughter doesn't even want to know about registry lists...

Thanks everyone, I'm drained...I'll find more of my female books tomorrow, have a great night!