• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Are <EDITED BY THE PC POLICE> depressed re: their past oppression?

Poles. Depressed? Yes or no.  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Poles. Depressed? Yes or no.

12 posts in this topic

Huh?

Calling Polish people Poles? That's not racist. Is calling Swedish people Swedes racist?

Referring to them being an oppressed people in the past? That's not racist either.

Ah. I see. It's wondering if they might have been depressed due to their oppression! Yes! I'm a racist son of a *SPOON*!

Huh?

Calling Polish people Poles? That's not racist. Is calling Swedish people Swedes racist?

Referring to them being an oppressed people in the past? That's not racist either.

Ah. I see. It's wondering if they might have been depressed due to their oppression! Yes! I'm a racist son of a *SPOON*!

Survey says: 'Poles' not racist!

Polack....perhaps.

Neither is African American, but I don't think targeting a specific group is too cool, even if it was a failed attempt at being witty. (shrug)

I'm good at failed attempts, and not only at being witty. (thumbs u

But "targeting a specific group"?!?

"Targeting"????

Seeing as I didn't say anything demeaning, belittling, judgmental or derogatory in any way, how is what I said any different than saying, oh, let's see... "Many Brits who endured rationing during the war still tend to be frugal."

Dang! :o I did it again. Targeting those poor Brits.

Better inform the media that they can no longer refer to the people of any country in any context, lest some overly sensitive PCer says they're "targeting" that group.

doh!

I didn't feel targeted. (shrug)

I'm the only one that voted no too so I'm not carrying around a chip on my shoulder looking to be offended either I guess.

:busy: