• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FedEx has "Lost" my Books. Good Wishes are Needed

101 posts in this topic

*UPDATE*

FedEx believes that they have found the box.. My biggest concern now is that Non-comic people are now going to be handling the comics.

Apoth,

the glass is half full buddy...they found your missing box! The handling of the contents could be looked at as virtually a non-issue when compared to the much bigger concern....your books could have been lost forever!

Have a cold beer and a big sigh of relief (thumbs u

Steve

*UPDATE*

FedEx believes that they have found the box.. My biggest concern now is that Non-comic people are now going to be handling the comics.

Apoth,

the glass is half full buddy...they found your missing box! The handling of the contents could be looked at as virtually a non-issue when compared to the much bigger concern....your books could have been lost forever!

Steve

That's right; think POSITIVE!! (thumbs u

Are they going to have to inspect the books themselves or just see if there are books in the package?

I imagine that they just have to verify that the books that Matt told them were there are actually there. However, there are multiple customers orders in the box and as such are going to be individually wrapped. FedEx will have to undo the individual wrappings which would include the cardboard that the comics are between. I don't know if Matt sandwiches each comic individually or if he puts two or three comics between the boards. If it's more than one then they would have to physically remove one comic to see the other. I'm sure we've all seen how non-comic people grab and handle comics, especially at the spine. That's my big concern. Hopefully he sandwiches each book individually and they don't have to touch the actual comic book :wishluck:

Apoth,

Steve

That's assuming that it is the right box. The fact that they have to open it to find out implies to me that the paperwork on the outside of the box is missing or damaged.

We'll have faith right now that it's the right box. It does make me feel better that they're not gone all together. Now lets hope they're not damaged :wishluck:

Your beer idea though hm

I saw your post and was afraid to look.

Congrats are in order though I think. The box WAS found, and even if "gulp" the books were damaged, you will still have them back as opposed to never knowing wtf happened to them.

But best case scenario is the books are probably fine and you will have them very soon. And many times multiple books are sandwiched then wrapped in a plastic taped bag. But not 100% sure if it involves seperate orders.

Good Luck

Kenny

Are they going to have to inspect the books themselves or just see if there are books in the package?

I imagine that they just have to verify that the books that Matt told them were there are actually there. However, there are multiple customers orders in the box and as such are going to be individually wrapped. FedEx will have to undo the individual wrappings which would include the cardboard that the comics are between. I don't know if Matt sandwiches each comic individually or if he puts two or three comics between the boards. If it's more than one then they would have to physically remove one comic to see the other. I'm sure we've all seen how non-comic people grab and handle comics, especially at the spine. That's my big concern. Hopefully he sandwiches each book individually and they don't have to touch the actual comic book :wishluck:

Here's hoping for the best :wishluck:

I'm hoping it all goes well...

did they say they found the box undisturbed...or ......was it opened......

Here's hoping FEDEX is just being cautious with the box, but I see no reason that it'd be necessary to open the box if it wasn't already "tampered" with.

I don't know FEDEX protocol...

Good luck and best wishes

*UPDATE*

FedEx believes that they have found the box. For one reason or another they feel that they need to open the box and check the contents to make sure so the box is on it's way to Utah. Apparently they have a facility there that handles these situations. My biggest concern now is that Non-comic people are now going to be handling the comics. While the CMA is high mid grade and won't have it's grade affected too much, the Wow is in the 9.4-9.6 range and any mishandling can affect it greatly.

Once again it's a sit and wait situation. We're supposed to find out by tomorrow evening if it is the box in question. If it is then it will be forwarded on to CGC where we get to wait for CGC to do their thing and determine if the books were mishandled. CGC is aware of the situation so they'll be checking the books when they arrive to see if they may have been damaged in the inspection process.

Being patient sucks!

This is great news! I had a Fantastic Four #1 in that same box!

That makes 3 board members with books in the same box doh!

It was a big box.

That makes 3 board members with books in the same box doh!

It was a big box.

lol

The comics have indeed been found and are now safely in the hands of CGC. CGC has also confirmed that there appears to be no damage during the opening for verification and subsequent shipping. :applause:

Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes :foryou: