• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe it's the insomnia?

20 posts in this topic

I have come to the conclusion that all this "debating" over what appears to be unresolvable issues does nothing other than distance board members from one another and suck the fun right out of this hobby.

Agreed...at least for some of the threads. Overall I think many of the threads have some good beginnings and then a few of the instigators start posting their thoughts. 2c

I have come to the conclusion that all this "debating" over what appears to be unresolvable issues does nothing other than distance board members from one another and suck the fun right out of this hobby.

There is some FUN left in the hobby? Where?

right here :cloud9:

avg1-52.jpg

avg1-52.jpg

Behind that book? (shrug)

avg1-52.jpg

Behind that book? (shrug)

*sigh* :sorry:

I mainly buy 5.0 to 8.0 books so I don't really have to worry about such issues. I have a blast in this hobby. While I buy more than I can probably read, I do plan or reading it all. Right now I'm reading some great Usagi Yojimbo TPB's. On deck I'm building some Avengers runs. I'm also having lots of fun building my heroes fighting heroes covers. At the last local con that I went to I also picked up like 30 foreign language edition books. Talk about fun, it's great seeing the differences, but still having the great art.

It only does that if you allow it. There are a lot of cool people on here and a lot of amazing buying opportunities. The thing I always harken back to is that the people here are passionate about funny books. So am I. That is what we have in common. We may not all agree about anything else, but we all love comics. Sometimes tempers run high, and some people love to instigate static. That's life. It's no different than getting cut off in traffic or screwed at work. Just remember, on here it can be all about the comics (which for me is *choke* a very enjoyable pastime), enjoy the many great people on here, and put the a-holes on ignore. Push out the jive and bring in the love, brotha'

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

You don't know what you're talking about!

Only I know all!

:baiting:

:grin:

lol

I mainly buy 5.0 to 8.0 books so I don't really have to worry about such issues. I have a blast in this hobby. While I buy more than I can probably read, I do plan or reading it all. Right now I'm reading some great Usagi Yojimbo TPB's. On deck I'm building some Avengers runs. I'm also having lots of fun building my heroes fighting heroes covers. At the last local con that I went to I also picked up like 30 foreign language edition books. Talk about fun, it's great seeing the differences, but still having the great art.

I'm right there with ya! There's pros and cons to it all, but I'm here for the fun. I buy books because I genuinely enjoy them. If the potential is there to make a buck, that's nice, but I really just like to look at the books.....and the weird smell of old comics is like an aphrodisiac! If onlyI could convince Gwen Stefani to bottle and/or wear it!

:cloud9: