• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

educate me please.......how desirable is Action Comics #7 ??

66 posts in this topic

Back to the scarcity/pricing of Action #7, I only recall seeing one unrestored copy hit the regular channels in the last 4 years.

This copy sold over 2 years ago: Action #7 sale

This same copy was later listed on Ebay & Comiclink with "buy it now" prices around $20,000 - $24,000 (or about 4x guide at the time). I don't know if it actually sold at this pricing however.

it sold for $17,500

gator

how much would it go for now?

considering it was just a few months ago, I suspect about the same, maybe a little more?...it sat on clink for 3+ months at $20K last year, without an offer over $16k...went through one of their auctions, did not meet reserve, then hit ebay this past winter and closed at 17500, I believe (I was 3rd under bidder at $15K)

rick

Looks like the Action bug is slowly catching up to the TEC. I looked at a bunch of early TECs during the summer con season and almost all were restored, including the #21 I bought.

yeah, that is why I have decided to change gears...when I was buying pre robin Tec's, didn't seem like anyone else was, so I got in at a "good" time...too much interest in the actions right now for me, so I will concentrate on my centaur quests!

gator

I think you want me to say......Gator, I've got your Action#7!!! You know, I agree about loving the covers of 1, 7, 10 , 13 and 23 because of their seemingly poor quality artwork , almost more cartoon-like than "comic art" we expect. I mean, it's why I absolutely love Superman #2 and #3 as well (moreso than #1 even) --- it's why a Spiderman fan loves Ditko over Romita..........it's the simplicity and innocence that they have that we are trying to obtain and, in some cases, re-live......excuse me, I'm getting "veklempt"......