• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I be Upset?

52 posts in this topic

I purchased a comic from a well known dealer on April 27. I ask the dealer to submit it to CGC. I received a reply on May 3 that they would send it to CGC and what the total cost would be. I paid the total on May 3.

I still have not received the book. I contacted the dealer a few days ago to enquire. The dealer responded to my e-mail that CGC was "backed up quite a bit" due to all the shows.

I called CGC, who informed me that this dealer submitted no books in May, that CGC was currently grading economy books submitted June 15, and if I had the invoice number they could give me specific information. I did not have the invoice number.

Should I be upset about this, or should I just wait patiently for my book (shrug)

I get upset about being lied to in general. Don't know whether you're being lied to or not. You could ask for the invoice # from the dealer so that they can put up or explain. My guess is that they were waiting to submit enough for a value sub. Who knows?

I would be pissed, ask them to verify the invoice #. If they can't do that kick them in the gonads and take your money back.

Don't forget to get the book back first though.

Why aren't you submitting books yourself? It's F'd up enough doing it yourself...no need to get more tards in on the process.

I would be pissed, ask them to verify the invoice #. If they can't do that kick them in the gonads and take your money back.

Why aren't you submitting books yourself? It's F'd up enough doing it yourself...no need to get more tards in on the process.

:signfunny:

I bought the book raw from the dealer. I thought it would be easier for the dealer to just send it directly to CGC instead of mailing it to me first.

im with transplant! they have lied once already so i would give them one last chance to give me the invoice! if not he has no proof of sending item so then would owe you a refund of that and i would send to cgc my darn self.

if i am sending in through dealer i will pay for the service first then when it gets back finalize deal! this gets them to do things faster being that they dont get money till i get product. or ill have them give reciept stating that item has been paid for and that they are responsable to get item graded.and then return to me when returns.

i have had a dealer take my money for book, then take the money for grading. when book came back it came back higher than he thaught so what did they do! they sell the dang book and refund my money :(

it is now easier to send books myself. even though some could get me more off the grading cost i would rather deal with my item myself now.

I bought the book raw from the dealer. I thought it would be easier for the dealer to just send it directly to CGC instead of mailing it to me first.

:thumbsup:

Just say you are following up with CGC and you need the invoice number. He needs to fess up...now go call him and come back with the response.

:popcorn:

..And next time, do it yourself!

:thumbsup:

Just say you are following up with CGC and you need the invoice number. He needs to fess up...now go call him and come back with the response.

:popcorn:

It was Ted from Superworld. Does that change anything?

It was Ted from Superworld. Does that change anything?

no, you still want to know where your book is in the process. The only thing that telling me it is Ted tells me is that the problem will be rectified...cause he is one of the "good guys" in the biz.

You should be upset if you can't link Ted's submission with CGC, and you should be upset if Ted misspoke about the status of your submission...otherwise though, just wait it out. It is busy at CGC. Have you flat out asked him when he submitted it? It looks like you assumed when he submitted the books to CGC....paying for it in May doesn't necessarily mean that he submitted it in May.

So, is there a reason why you can't call Ted and resolve this, instead of subjecting yourself to the random whims of the message board? I just haven't seen the foul act yet.

I purchased a comic from a well known dealer on April 27. I ask the dealer to submit it to CGC. I received a reply on May 3 that they would send it to CGC and what the total cost would be. I paid the total on May 3.

I still have not received the book. I contacted the dealer a few days ago to enquire. The dealer responded to my e-mail that CGC was "backed up quite a bit" due to all the shows.

I called CGC, who informed me that this dealer submitted no books in May, that CGC was currently grading economy books submitted June 15, and if I had the invoice number they could give me specific information. I did not have the invoice number.

Should I be upset about this, or should I just wait patiently for my book (shrug)

Whiner. :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Whatever I can do to help.

i have had a dealer take my money for book, then take the money for grading. when book came back it came back higher than he thaught so what did they do! they sell the dang book and refund my money :(

That's messed up!

Next time try this: http://www.cgccomics.com/services/how_to_submit.asp

Section 3 is our online submission form. You send the books directly to us. Hope it works out. :)

Interesting. Gemma seems to prefer using an affiliated dealer, as noted in the quote below.

"You will want to go to Submission Center and click on Services and Fees where you may first figure out where your books fit in to our grading tiers. From that page you want to select the subcategory called How to Submit. I would suggest using Option #3, which is to use the website of one of our affiliated dealers (many of whom offer a discount). What this means is that you will fill out the invoice on their site and print it out. Then you will be mailing your package to us, so they will not be involved in your submission, they only provide the form on their site. Normally the link to the submission form will be located on their homepage and indicated by the CGC logo."

Next time try this: http://www.cgccomics.com/services/how_to_submit.asp

Section 3 is our online submission form. You send the books directly to us. Hope it works out. :)

Interesting. Gemma seems to prefer using an affiliated dealer, as noted in the quote below.

"You will want to go to Submission Center and click on Services and Fees where you may first figure out where your books fit in to our grading tiers. From that page you want to select the subcategory called How to Submit. I would suggest using Option #3, which is to use the website of one of our affiliated dealers (many of whom offer a discount). What this means is that you will fill out the invoice on their site and print it out. Then you will be mailing your package to us, so they will not be involved in your submission, they only provide the form on their site. Normally the link to the submission form will be located on their homepage and indicated by the CGC logo."

I called it Section 3, she called it Option #3? I don't understand. (shrug) We are both saying the same thing.