• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I be Upset?

52 posts in this topic

Out the dealer so I never buy from them....ever.

he already has, re read this thread again. :gossip:

'Trooper is referring to the post by ant

i have had a dealer take my money for book, then take the money for grading. when book came back it came back higher than he thaught so what did they do! they sell the dang book and refund my money

not the initial post by icefires (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I would be pissed, ask them to verify the invoice #. If they can't do that kick them in the gonads and take your money back.

Don't forget to get the book back first though.

Why aren't you submitting books yourself? It's F'd up enough doing it yourself...no need to get more tards in on the process.

Well-stated! (thumbs u

I would be pissed, ask them to verify the invoice #. If they can't do that kick them in the gonads and take your money back.

Why aren't you submitting books yourself? It's F'd up enough doing it yourself...no need to get more tards in on the process.

Well-stated! (thumbs u

Ted is a ?

Well-stated! (thumbs u

Ted is a ?

Yes he is! But a lovable .

Well-stated! (thumbs u

Ted is a ?

Yes he is! But a lovable .

More importantly, an unneeded in this process. Yes I love Ted too! <3

i have had a dealer take my money for book, then take the money for grading. when book came back it came back higher than he thaught so what did they do! they sell the dang book and refund my money

How long ago was this? That deserves a thread unto itself.

Phase 1 - You had paid for the book. It it yours. You own it. Nothing else needs be said. Pretty straightforward. End of Phase 1.

Phase 2 - You have the delaer send the book to CGC. This has nothing to do with the buying or selling of the book. You are now using a service the dealer offers with your own property.

Would also be intersted to hear a legal take on this. Is it a form of theft?

How big a book was it? Really a fascinating thing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is a HUGE deal. I agree with Pov, this is definitely crossing a line that's ABSURD. They basically sold your book without your permission.

:o

Yeah!

What he said!

How long ago was this? That deserves a thread unto itself.

Phase 1 - You had paid for the book. It it yours. You own it. Nothing else needs be said. Pretty straightforward. End of Phase 1.

Phase 2 - You have the delaer send the book to CGC. This has nothing to do with the buying or selling of the book. You are now using a service the dealer offers with your own property.

Would also be intersted to hear a legal take on this. Is it a form of theft?

How big a book was it? Really a fascinating thing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is a HUGE deal. I agree with Pov, this is definitely crossing a line that's ABSURD. They basically sold your book without your permission.

Agreed.

What Ted did to Icefires, in not submitting the book until June 25, is really messed up too. He needs to make it up to Icefires in some way.

Time to out that dealer that screwed you ant. No dealer should EVER be able to get away with doing such a thing. You paid for a raw book and then paid him to have it graded by CGC. Just because the book was graded higher by CGC doesn't void the sale you and the dealer agreed to. Complete BS.

Time to out that dealer that screwed you ant. No dealer should EVER be able to get away with doing such a thing. You paid for a raw book and then paid him to have it graded by CGC. Just because the book was graded higher by CGC doesn't void the sale you and the dealer agreed to. Complete BS.

Please post the name of this delaer or at least PM the name. It would be appreciated.

You know, all it takes is ONE guy to get screwed by a dealer, and that can cost that dealer WAY silly money.

I had a book that I bought ...TWO actually...that I later found out was trimmed.

The retailer wasn't able to tell the book was trimmed, so when HE bought it from said dealer, he had no idea he was getting trimmed books.

The hiccup is that the DEALER knew full well these books were trimmed when he sold them to the retailer.

Long story short, I had to go back through other channels to get my money back, albeit the refund came from the original dealer and not the retailer...but I got my money back.

Just a long and painful process.

But what was amazing was when the ORIGINAL said dealer saw that book, a book he hadn't seen since he sold it to a local retailer...he recognized that book right away...like a parent recognizes a child.

He saw the trim marks instantly, things that I couldn't spot, nor the retailer HE sold it to.

Endgame...I'll never EVER buy from that dealer, and as much as it hurts, I'll probably not buy another pricey comic from the retailer again either.

If he can't tell it's trimmed and I can't tell it's trimmed...it just sucks all around.

As for the guy who sold ANTs book out from under him...you need get some heavy hitting board members with pipes to go nuts on his .