• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Iron Man 2

15 posts in this topic

My first post in this section, hope I do it right :wishluck:

Here we have an Iron Man 2 I received in the post this morning. Pretty pleased with it!

im2bksm.jpg

im2frsm.jpg

Great spine. Just one tiny ding bottom left, one near top (middle of character panel), and a slightly dented top left corner.

Faint 1" vertical crease near middle RHS, along with a few microchips.

Corners mostly razor sharp. Cover glossy, flat and fresh looking.

Interior pages perfect, off-white to white.

What might I hope for if I submit to CGC? I'm thinking of including this in my first submission!

You listed the problems. no need to repeat what you said. Overall nice book, I would grade it a 8.5. I agree the ULC hurts the most. I am not one to ask as I never slab. But from what I have heard on these boards The grading companys recognize chipping as a production defect and will not ding you in Grade.

Nice copy!

Thanks for the opinions. 8.5 sounds right to me, as it's definitely a bit nicer looking than a Conan 1 CGC 8.0 that I have, but that top left corner stops it being a 9.0. That's what I was thinking before, so it's reassuring to see I'm in the ballpark :)