• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guilty conscience

Guilt  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Guilt

255 posts in this topic

sckao I really hoping your kidding. In this forum you never know.

It has nothing to do with ethics or morals at all... I'm just saying it was a bad example.

It was a perfect example, you're just not drunk enough to understand it.

It was a perfect example of what? Please spell it out for me... (shrug)

Are we to accept the blanket statement "Never at the risk of others" as well? Is that some sort of universal truth?

:gossip: He drinks a lot!

It has nothing to do with ethics or morals at all... I'm just saying it was a bad example.

Are we to accept the blanket statement "Never at the risk of others" as well? Is that some sort of universal truth?

Please don't ask him to spell. :eek:

Everything I, and Mr.Bedrock, say should be taken as universal truth. To do otherwise is blasphemy.

Our hobby is comic books. Comic books people, fricken comic books. Little miniature books with colored pictures in them. One step away from children's pop up books. Think about it.

If you're going to steer this away in another direction.. that's fine.

But to limit this to "comic books" is to do a disservice for the business practices that are the underlying basis for this discussion.

We have a business that provides a service between sellers and buyers for a fee. A seller and buyer attempt to circumvent that business arrangement. If this happens on a consistent basis, the business will fail. The platform for the exchange of goods linking buyer and seller will go away.

It doesn't matter that we're talking about comic books.

Is it okay to shoplift from a large store versus a small mom-and-pop store because the larger "can afford it?"

Making a deal with a seller and asking him to cancel valid bids in slightly unethical. Just as shilling your own auction is slightly unethical.

If you're okay with that, then fine. It's not about comic books. This was a question about guilty conscience.

"You must do what you feel is right, of course." - Obi Wan Kenobi

This hobby makes me drink. Yet I post mostly articulately, mostly. I should really stop though, I've ruined more books via drinking....like tape pulls, dropped slabs and forcing a comic into a archival bag and tearing covers. Oh, well. I sells them as described. Hell, look at my 1412 feedback on ebay and all 100% positive.

This hobby makes me drink. Yet I post mostly articulately, mostly. I should really stop though, I've ruined more books via drinking....like tape pulls, dropped slabs and forcing a comic into a archival bag and tearing covers. Oh, well. I sells them as described. Hell, look at my 1412 feedback on ebay and all 100% positive.

You threaten the poor SOBs! What'd you expect! :o

OT: I like to drive fast. I bought a car that allows me to get from point A to point B a little faster than the average car. In other words...I speed. Only on the open highway. Rarely in the city. Never at the risk of others. Never had a wreck that was my fault. Just curious how you guys feel about my ethics and morals?

I drive MUCH faster than you, including in the city. But my skill is such that it's all good.

lol:golfclap:

I'm working on getting that negative, I've bid on at least 10 scammer auctions and won. They are too scared to reply with a neg. Or I'm too smart, as unlikely as that is.

I'm working on getting that negative, I've bid on at least 10 scammer auctions and won. They are too scared to reply with a neg. Or I'm too smart, as unlikely as that is.

Ebay Bullying *shakes head*

asking a seller to end an auction early is wrong. ending an auction early because a buyer has asked to do so is wrong. doing either does not make you a "scumbag."

i think you can be wrong, and not be a total dirtbag loser.

well, some of you can. i'm beginning to wonder about others.

the relativity analogy 'trooper is putting out there - we're just talking comics, not any life or death thing - is a fallacious argument. the item in question for sale is not the issue, no matter how much your slightly inebriated and facetious/sarcastic self would like it to be. we could be talking about lint balls, and the gist would remain the same.

if you have agreed to sell an item via the auction format, and the auction is set to run for a specified number of days, any action used to try and circumvent that is evidence of a poor ethical choice. how we choose to conduct ourselves when things aren't a life or death situation shows our true nature. if you're willing to screw over the rules because you don't deem them important enough to follow, then who is to say you won't do the same when the stakes are slightly higher?

anyway, i'd still gladly share a beer with most any of you, except the ones who truly and utterly annoy the living mess out of me, none of whom have appeared in this thread so far (thumbs u

asking a seller to end an auction early is wrong. ending an auction early because a buyer has asked to do so is wrong. doing either does not make you a "scumbag."

the relativity analogy 'trooper is putting out there - we're just talking comics, not any life or death thing - is a fallacious argument. the item in question for sale is not the issue, no matter how much your slightly inebriated and facetious/sarcastic self would like it to be. we could be talking about lint balls, and the gist would remain the same.

if you have agreed to sell an item via the auction format, and the auction is set to run for a specified number of days, any action used to try and circumvent that is evidence of a poor ethical choice. how we choose to conduct ourselves when things aren't a life or death situation shows our true nature. if you're willing to screw over the rules because you don't deem them important enough to follow, then who is to say you won't do the same when the stakes are slightly higher?

anyway, i'd still gladly share a beer with most any of you, except the ones who truly and utterly annoy the living mess out of me, none of whom have appeared in this thread so far (thumbs u

yesssssssss massssster (worship)

and as for that annoying the bejesus out of you, I'm working on it :busy:

yesssssssss massssster (worship)

you're learning. i am impressed; have to admit i thought it past you. glad to see i was a bit hasty in my judgement.

and as for that annoying the bejesus out of you, I'm working on it :busy:

yes, i rather thought you might be. your work ethic in this regard is rather unparalleled, and i bow to your eventual conquering of this admittedly minor obstacle (thumbs u

:sorry:

:acclaim:

it's like you're telepathic or something. quick, how many fingers am i holding up?

it's like you're telepathic or something. quick, how many fingers am i holding up?

One, the same as me. meh

One, the same as me. meh

bah. two, actually. i was giving you the double handed salute