• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guilty conscience

Guilt  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Guilt

255 posts in this topic

Oh no! Screwing Ebay from seller fees! that should never be done! Oh no! Saving the seller from paying those fees! Just don't know how to live with myself when I do this.

Anyone who tells me they are looking out for me and tells me this, run far far away.

Bottom Line Up Front: Regardless of mass opinion most of us are at the age where opinions are set in stone. Each of us are going to keep on doing and believing what we've been doing for decades. I honestly could care less if my actions are considered immoral by others because I honestly don't think they are. Now bickering and getting on your soap boxes preaching comic book ethics is amusing, but that's about it.

I couldn't agree more.

I could.

Give it a shot....

Bottom Line Up Front: Regardless of mass opinion most of us are at the age where opinions are set in stone. Each of us are going to keep on doing and believing what we've been doing for decades. I honestly could care less if my actions are considered immoral by others because I honestly don't think they are. Now bickering and getting on your soap boxes preaching comic book ethics is amusing, but that's about it.

I couldn't agree more.

I could.

Give it a shot....

Damn... I couldn't.

I couldn't agree more.

I could.

Give it a shot....

Damn... I couldn't.

That's what I'm talking about!

This question has been raised before.

My view is that you're yanking the rug out from under other bidders to make some back alley deal for yourself. I have no love for eBay and their fees, but it's not fair to other interested bidders (especially if there are already viable bids on the item). It's right up there with sellers ending their items on the last day due to "an error in the listing" (i.e. item not selling for enough money).

meh

Oh no! Screwing Ebay from seller fees! that should never be done! Oh no! Saving the seller from paying those fees! Just don't know how to live with myself when I do this.

Anyone who tells me they are looking out for me and tells me this, run far far away.

Ok, then you can put me on your banned list too. Metro did and never looked back.

This place is so crazy. We're talking about comic books. Not some life and death situation. People get so worked up about the sale of a single or a bunch of books it's amazing. It leads me to believe that you take the love of comics beyond a hobby and more of a obsession.

OT: I like to drive fast. I bought a car that allows me to get from point A to point B a little faster than the average car. In other words...I speed. Only on the open highway. Rarely in the city. Never at the risk of others. Never had a wreck that was my fault. Just curious how you guys feel about my ethics and morals?

OT: I like to drive fast. I bought a car that allows me to get from point A to point B a little faster than the average car. In other words...I speed. Only on the open highway. Rarely in the city. Never at the risk of others. Never had a wreck that was my fault. Just curious how you guys feel about my ethics and morals?

Is this a trick question? meh

So if you got into an accident while speeding, that wouldn't be partially your fault?

Speeding is a bad example as the DMV guide clearly states that you should be going as fast as conditions warrant. If it is foggy or raining and you are driving the speed limit, you may still be going too fast.

The California Civil Code 22350 states that "No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable... and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property." This "basic rule", or similar legal language, applies even where no maximum speed limit is in place (such as formerly in the U.S. state of Montana). Some roads also have "minimum speed limits", where slow speeds are considered to impede traffic flow or be dangerous.

hm When I was 16 to 19 years old, my mom had all of these fast cars. (trans am 6.6 liter ect..) Well um, I drove execively. :grin: Now, at 43, I'm just to scared to speed.

sckao I really hoping your kidding. In this forum you never know.

It has nothing to do with ethics or morals at all... I'm just saying it was a bad example.

hm When I was 16 to 19 years old, my mom had all of these fast cars. (trans am 6.6 liter ect..) Well um, I drove execively. :grin: Now, at 43, I'm just to scared to speed.

Hey Mr. Buffett you need to learn how to spell. :baiting:

It has nothing to do with ethics or morals at all... I'm just saying it was a bad example.

It was a perfect example, you're just not drunk enough to understand it.

It was a perfect example of what? Please spell it out for me... (shrug)

Are we to accept the blanket statement "Never at the risk of others" as well? Is that some sort of universal truth?

It was a perfect example of what? Please spell it out for me... (shrug)

Are we to accept the blanket statement "Never at the risk of others" as well? Is that some sort of universal truth?

Everything I, and Mr.Bedrock, say should be taken as universal truth. To do otherwise is blasphemy.

Our hobby is comic books. Comic books people, fricken comic books. Little miniature books with colored pictures in them. One step away from children's pop up books. Think about it.