• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 9

Grading  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Grading

18 posts in this topic

Just worked out a deal with a fellow boardmember to pick this up- been a busy weekend for the SA Spideys. Anyhow, OO collection with one major defect being both staples are missing. I'll probably just conduct a little "vintage staple comic-bypass surgery" to get it back on its feet.

Anyhow, just curious what the rest of you think?

ASM009.jpg

ASM009Interior.jpg

ASM009-b.jpg

I also placed it as a 1.0 due to the staples (according to OSGG, a book w/o any staples caps at this point).

That said, how would you grade if I had the staples replaced? This is still allowed for comic in grades of 3.0 or lower by OSGG, so just curious how this correction would affect your grading of it?

lol Sad to say I don't! BUT I'm planning on finding some to make use of. :)

"We need a vintage staple transplant STAT!" I'm just thrilled to have a nice copy like this to add to the collection. One more 1st Appearance outta the way!-)

lol Sad to say I don't! BUT I'm planning on finding some to make use of. :)

"We need a vintage staple transplant STAT!" I'm just thrilled to have a nice copy like this to add to the collection. One more 1st Appearance outta the way!-)

which one is left?

No, I was saying it's one more 1st appearance out of the way- not one more left to go ;) Still, about 35 ASMs left in the 1st 100 left to go (not incl. AF15 which is a long way off).

Well, average grade is running at a 1.0 which is what I figured it to be as well. I do believe, however, once I get a set of vintage staples put in their (and hopefully done well), this particular book will probably grade at a 2.0 - 2.5.

No, I was saying it's one more 1st appearance out of the way- not one more left to go ;) Still, about 35 ASMs left in the 1st 100 left to go (not incl. AF15 which is a long way off).

Well, average grade is running at a 1.0 which is what I figured it to be as well. I do believe, however, once I get a set of vintage staples put in their (and hopefully done well), this particular book will probably grade at a 2.0 - 2.5.

(thumbs u