• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many Green Lantern #1 does a really good auction need?

89 posts in this topic

Well, based on Heritage's upcoming auction, at least 3. 9.0, 7.5, and 7.0. Seems like too many at one time.

If I were the owner of the 9.0, I wouldn't be bothered at all. A 9.0 doesn't compete in the same space as a 7.5 and 7.0, so I think the impact on the 9.0 auction will be zero. On the other hand, if I were the owner of the 7.5 or 7.0, I would be greatly bothered, since these two books would clearly be competing with each other for the same bidders.

A first issue key, a terrific cover, origin retold, and 3 stories without Toby Pickles.

Other perceptions aside, Green Lantern #1 is a great book. (thumbs u

"Toby Pickles", your too kind, Doiby Dickless is more appropriate. He virtually kill the collectiing value of these books by being on every frickin cover for way too long.

A first issue key, a terrific cover, origin retold, and 3 stories without Toby Pickles.

"Toby Pickles", your too kind, Doiby Dickless is more appropriate. He virtually kill the collectiing value of these books by being on every frickin cover for way too long.

agreed...I would probably actively collect all 38 GA GL books, if it were not for DD

rick

Like Doiby Dickless in Green Lantern I think the same collectibility problem exists with collecting All Flash where most covers and stories suffer from an overload of Stinky, Dinky and Snotty.

agreed...I would probably actively collect all 38 GA GL books, if it were not for DD

rick

:hi:

rick

I have also longed to collect copper Xmen in 9.8 or better, but figured it was a "foolish" quest :baiting:

gator

rick

I have also longed to collect copper Xmen in 9.8 or better, but figured it was a "foolish" quest :baiting:

gator

lol

Still trying to get use to seeing MK in the GA section. :shy: Keep thinking he is going to post a scan of a new X-Men #297 or something. :baiting:

I have seen him post in the SA section too!!!...danny boy is smart in expanding his horizons!

rick

Still trying to get use to seeing MK in the GA section. :shy: Keep thinking he is going to post a scan of a new X-Men #297 or something. :baiting:

I have seen him post in the SA section too!!!...danny boy is smart in expanding his horizons!

rick

SA is my new thing. Maybe if I get a real job I will start to buy some GA

I'm just here to increase my post count :kidaround:

How come when I go over to General my post count drops?

Oh, I know...because every time I go over there I have to take a long break.

I'm just here to increase my post count :kidaround:

How come when I go over to General my post count drops?

Oh, I know...because every time I go over there I have to take a long break.

(tsk)

:blahblah:

rick

SA is my new thing. Maybe if I get a real job I will start to buy some GA

What you paid on just one of your 9.6 SA X-men is probably a higher price than what 99% of GA comics sell for. But, since we don't need the competition, I definitely recommend you stay away from stinky old-fashioned GA comics. :wishluck: