• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many Green Lantern #1 does a really good auction need?

89 posts in this topic

A first issue key, a terrific cover, origin retold, and 3 stories without Toby Pickles.

Other perceptions aside, Green Lantern #1 is a great book. (thumbs u

"Toby Pickles", your too kind, Doiby Dickless is more appropriate. He virtually kill the collectiing value of these books by being on every frickin cover for way too long.

The terrible art on many of the covers definitely doesn't help. :gossip:

terrible? I like this one:

GL37Church.jpg

That's because it's by Alex Toth. :cloud9:

tim,

did you buy those MH from heritage last month?

if so, congrats! (I knew george had gotten one)

rick

Hi Rick, no, I'm not the buyer. It was just easy for me to pull up the GL scans from Heritage's recent auction.

I'll see your "decent" cover and raise you a couple of "masterpieces":

Tim, I know it is all a matter of opinion...but it is crazy to me to call these covers masterpieces after earlier saying Alex Schomburg was overrated.

Did every one's sarcasm-meter go on the fritz? Tim is "showcasing" examples of terrible GL covers to prove to us that for every just okay GL cover there are many horrible ones. He does not like those he posted. He had his sarcasm keyboard all fired up on that one ... which happens to be his only keyboard. :baiting:

(thumbs u

From now on, any inquiries from board members to me during the hours of 11 am-8 pm EST should be directed to my new press agent, Michael. Thank you.

Except that I'll need to dock his first month's wages for the "only keyboard" comment. (tsk)

They aren't all "masterpieces"

521994.jpg

540993.jpg

Eh. I think they're better than the ones I posted, but there's still something very stiff and amateurish about them. It's like something drawn by a 12-year old who has mastered a relatively decent depiction of the human body but hasn't mastered the more subtle skill of depicting natural movement and repose. If a junior high student showed me the covers, I'd congratulate him on a job well done. But for something produced by a professional artist, it's just not good enough.

The baddie flying through the air in the #9 cover must have been copied from another source.

adam, those are two fantastic books (and #9 is a Moldoff cover, to boot).

You have such a great eye...

Either one would make me happy, though I don't play in the price range that they go for.

I also could list out several All-Americans in addition to the one you mentioned (16, 61 just off the top of my head) that are terrific covers.

mm26.jpg

:takeit:

We are going to make a golden age collector out of you one of these days.

There is a wonderful 7.0 in the Comiclink auction right now. :baiting:

Danny - we all know you are doing the natural progression that many of us have done in the past.

Save your money (commissions and charges on purchases and sales of SA) and move straight to Gold - but stay focused on Timelys only :baiting:

The DCs are mine I tell you ...all mine :insane:

mm26.jpg

:takeit:

We are going to make a golden age collector out of you one of these days.

There is a wonderful 7.0 in the Comiclink auction right now. :baiting:

Danny - we all know you are doing the natural progression that many of us have done in the past.

Save your money (commissions and charges on purchases and sales of SA) and move straight to Gold - but stay focused on Timelys only :baiting:

The DCs are mine I tell you ...all mine :insane:

I was thinking about collecting Pre-hero Tecs

:kidaround:

:signfunny:

too late there all gone :baiting:

This is my new want list

Unrestored Tec #2-5, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25

:)

No problem Danny! I'll make you a package deal. Just LMK your grade and PQ preferences. (thumbs u

:signfunny:

too late there all gone :baiting:

This is my new want list

Unrestored Tec #2-5, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25

:)

No problem Danny! I'll make you a package deal. Just LMK your grade and PQ preferences. (thumbs u

Sounds good, Jon. PM sent