• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issues that elude....

97 posts in this topic

Thor 168.

For some reason the copies are not there in HG. In 4 years, I have seen 1 9.4 come available. I bought it. There are, currently, 1 9.6 (no clue who has it) 2 9.4 (one is the Oakland) which are both owned by boardies. (i traded mine in a cash trade deal for a GL 2 8.5)

4 or 5 9.2s on the census. People like Schmell dont have a copy. Great cover, great story, just not there in HG

Thor 168.

For some reason the copies are not there in HG. In 4 years, I have seen 1 9.4 come available. I bought it. There are, currently, 1 9.6 (no clue who has it) 2 9.4 (one is the Oakland) which are both owned by boardies. (i traded mine in a cash trade deal for a GL 2 8.5)

4 or 5 9.2s on the census. People like Schmell dont have a copy. Great cover, great story, just not there in HG

That #168 CGC 9.6 recently sold on Comiclink for $300. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I passed on it when it was originally offered on Ebay though, due to a slight dust shadow on the back cover.

Been looking for years for a 8.5 or better copy of My Love Annual 1.

Do you have a cover image of a "My Love Annual 1"? I don't think I've ever seen that issue, and I thought I had most of them.

Do you have a cover image of a "My Love Annual 1"? I don't think I've ever seen that issue, and I thought I had most of them.

july20201.jpg

Greggy does have one and I think one just sold on eBay. It did.

july20201.jpg

Greggy does have one and I think one just sold on eBay. It did.

I just bought a raw copy off ebay (the scan I posted) It looked good in the scan he had posted and I had him send me a back cover scan which looked good. Then I got the book. He had taken the brown ink/marker (in water by his right foot) out of his scan somehow, and he hid the tear in the lower left hand corner of the cover. A real tool of a seller. I sent extra money for him to send it in a box and he ships it in an envelope.

There is no way, that the copy that just went for $300 is worth half of that. Tiny cropped scan posting, no return taking sellers are ususally using tiny cropped scans and not allowing returns for a reason. No way I was bidding on that one.

But that's the Love Story Special / Queen Size Special? :tonofbricks:

Nope that is the My Love Annual 1. Same approx. vintage as the Tower of Shadows Annual 1 which also says "King Size Special" on it. I don't believe that OLS ever had an annual. This issue is really tough. My decent copy is 8.5 tops and the others that I had listed as VF/VF+ on my list for years are really beaters by today's grading standards.

Nope that is the My Love Annual 1. Same approx. vintage as the Tower of Shadows Annual 1 which also says "King Size Special" on it. I don't believe that OLS ever had an annual. This issue is really tough. My decent copy is 8.5 tops and the others that I had listed as VF/VF+ on my list for years are really beaters by today's grading standards.

Would you like to trade/sell it? :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

Thor 168.

That #168 CGC 9.6 recently sold on Comiclink for $300. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I passed on it when it was originally offered on Ebay though, due to a slight dust shadow on the back cover.

Wow, thats a very good price on that book.

Thor 168....Great cover...

1749_4_168.jpg

I dunno... I'm not sure I like Galactus' summer line of fashion... (shrug)

In those early days the big G liked his short-shorts.

Still Looking.

That is a tough one!

I've been looking for this issue for years and was finally able to buy a "decent" copy two weeks ago...

mylovespecial1.jpg

In my personal experience, Gunslinger #2 and #3 (especially) are very difficult to find in VF+ or above...

Jim

Archie #50

The last 3 on ebay were for US bidders only. I always seem to either miss the auction or can't bid :mad:

Being in the UK I often find there are items I want to buy that are US only items.

Try messaging the seller and asking permission to bid (refer them to your e-bay rep score if good as a buyer).

More often than not I get the go ahead.

For issues impossible to find - unrestored Tec 28s. :pullhair:

Only ever seen one for sale (a 1.0).

Nope that is the My Love Annual 1.

Hey, I'm just stating what it says on the COVER and what most EBay auctions and non-anal collectors refer to it as.

It's all good, bro. Just making sure there was no confusion.

Thor 168....Great cover...

1749_4_168.jpg

I dunno... I'm not sure I like Galactus' summer line of fashion... (shrug)

In those early days the big G liked his short-shorts.

Big G...

short-shorts...

Greggy...

hm

:o

july20201.jpg

I just noticed there are only 4 of these slabbed, the highest being a 9.2.

Those are crazy low numbers for a bronze book.