• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade for SA Action Comics 338

17 posts in this topic

That plus the fact there is "gloss remaining" which suggests some of the gloss is gone. That would bring this down to a VF. You would pretty much need most of the cover gloss to be there for it to be even considered as a VF/NM.

I'd grade it VF+ (8.5)

Defects I can see:

There seems to be a very faint about 6mm (1/4inch) long crease on upper right corner?

Blunted top left corner.

Color flake on right edge+color fading along edges

Is the damage at the top left causing it to be below 9.0?

If otherwise perfect, I think that kind of damage is allowed in 9.0+ grades.

I'd grade it VF+ (8.5)

Defects I can see:

There seems to be a very faint about 6mm (1/4inch) long crease on upper right corner?

Blunted top left corner.

Color flake on right edge+color fading along edges

I didn't notice at first, but yes there is a small crease. You cannot tell until very close examination. One thing I have noticed with scanners is that you can pick out small flaws, but I didn't see that one. I know I am biased, but this thing looks great in person. Probably doesn't stand up to close inspection, but a 3' exam looks NM. The spine is perfect.

Probably doesn't stand up to close inspection, but a 3' exam looks NM. The spine is perfect.

Be sure you submit it when CGC starts doing 3' exams. makepoint.gif

I got inside information they are going for 5' exams.

The 5' exam will also be known as the "Mr. Fantastic's-eye-view Special"