• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG Someone else's ASM 4

Grade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade

28 posts in this topic

Just had one of these stick its head up, and am playing around with putting it on the X-Mas wishlist. The dealer is asking $145 for it which is between 25-30% off guide for a 2.0. In any event, I wouldn't be pulling the trigger on this for a little time. Biggest issue is all that water damage. Otherwise, it's fully intact. Thoughts?

asm4front.jpg

asm4back.jpg

I gave it 1.5 too. The water damage clearly involves the entire book, and it probably is wrinkled throughout, if not brittle. The front cover is presentable, though.

I try not to buy ANY books with water damage!!! I just don't like them. Even small spots turn me off.

Also don't like rusty staples either, but at least with staples, they can be replaced!!!

I would save money and purchase a better copy. You will be MUCH HAPPIER down the road, and would be able to see a profit if you ever decided to sell at a later time.

That water stained book is a loser that no one will want when you try to upgrade.

Just my thoughts!!!

Good Luck!!!

1.5 talk him down to about half what he is asking or keep looking you will find a better copy for what the dealer is asking. My biggest concern is the probable brittlness due to that extensive W.D.

Ah... but those of you who know of my previous purchases- have I paid over $100 for a book yet?-)

No time like the present!

Well... OSPG on a 1.0 is $100, so how do you think an offer of $100 would be on this book?

That would be the max it's worth on a good day.

$75 would be more of a good deal.

Yes.

To be honest D, I thought the $20 was a joke on your part. There was Aces suggestion of $75, but that's the only suggestions I got for good offer prices. Anyone else that I missed? :shrug:

The range of defects at 1.0 is great. Some 1.0s look vastly better than this one with extensive water damage. I'd worry about the brown edges of the water damage being mouldy.

I would agree with Divad at $20 and seriously wouldn't want a copy that I'd be uncomfortable to touch.

My water-stained 12¢

Dennis

Well, he wasn't really in the mood to go any lower than $145 and since I wasn't going to bite on that price, the deal's off. I probably wouldn't have minded going $100 on this just because the availability on this particular issue in low prices hasn't been too hot. eBay will run at least $150 or better, and Brent's got a copy in 0.5 PR but asking price is $75 (w/ a mean looking chunk out of the bottom right). I'd possibly even think that one over if it were half the price... but oh well.