• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Percent Of Books ....

66 posts in this topic

you purchase raw at an advertised grade do you send back because you disagree with the grade.

Whether it be here, Ebay, or any online store.

I think in my time buying online I have returned 3 books all because they came back restored. Alot of my raw purchases I have kept and bit the bullet even though I disagreed with the grade. :tonofbricks:

Probably less than 5%. Not because I didn't disagree with the grade because I generally don't agree with most grades but because there was an egregious grading error or flaw or if it was expensive enough. I can't be bother with the smaller items you send me. ;)

Back in my youth, when the ads in CBG were pretty much the only way to buy comics by mail, I would end up sending back around 50% of what I ordered due to serious overgrading and/or restoration. Now, with scans being pretty much standard, I usually only send things back that have hidden defects or resto. I've probably only sent 5 or so books back from all my ebay purchases. And none from my boards purchases :)

A couple of times from online shops like East Coast Comics. When Russ (Comicsupply) had sent me a whole shipment of severely misgraded books (2-3 grade levels of disparity) he told me to keep them and gave me store credit.

(thumbs u

On eBay I have had several bad experiences, which is why I don't buy off of them anymore. :pullhair: Too much hassle trying to return them. :frustrated:

I bought off of Metro before. It's a dice roll with them. Sometimes they are spot on, but I think they have a tendency to overgrade doh!

Probably less than 5%. Not because I didn't disagree with the grade because I generally don't agree with most grades but because there was an egregious grading error or flaw or if it was expensive enough. I can't be bother with the smaller items you send me. ;)

Hi Greggy! :hi:

Stop trolling me

Stop trolling me

You love it and you know it.

Stop trolling me
:popcorn:

Stop trolling me

I got paid today so I'm happy. Guess my last email to the guy convinced him that it was best to pay me earlier than later. ;)

Stop trolling me

I got paid today so I'm happy. Guess my last email to the guy convinced him that it was best to pay me earlier than later. ;)

Rule #1) Get the money before you perform the trick.

I've only returned a book once...and that was because it was rather expensive and the grade was waaayyyy off...

Otherwise, I kept the comics but let the sellers know...

Jim

Yeah I hear you. Its funny that on inexpensive books how we sometimes don't bother to ask for a return, but have no problem on a more $$ book.

I was checking over my spreadsheet this past weekend and looking at books (under $100) I have bought raw which I disagreed with the grade and the total I came up with made me feel a little sick :sick:

I've only returned a book once...and that was because it was rather expensive and the grade was waaayyyy off...

Otherwise, I kept the comics but let the sellers know...

Jim

Yeah I hear you. Its funny that on inexpensive books how we sometimes don't bother to ask for a return, but have no problem on a more $$ book.

I was checking over my spreadsheet this past weekend and looking at books (under $100) I have bought raw which I disagreed with the grade and the total I came up with made me feel a little sick :sick:

Hey, I had a bad day when I graded those books. :sorry:

I've only returned 2 or 3 books. I've gotten partial refunds on a few more.

If it's ebay I rarely bother since I mostly expect the books to suk and bid accordingly.

Buying from the boards is usually a great experience. Only issue I had was on an early Silver Age book I bought there was a large tear in one of the interior pages. It was likely an oversight on the sellers part and I prob should have mentioned it but never got around to it.

As far as the larger dealers, Ted, Storms, Metro, Clink.....No returnable issues thus far.

On ebay I always bid based on a $ value about a grade lower than advertised if there's a good scan to look at...so I'm rarely disappointed.

On the boards, never had a problem with any of the books received.

(thumbs u

For me the percentage is small, but I have returned a few books because a major flaw was not mentioned(popped staple, split spine, water stains etc..) If they just flat out over graded the book I have no problem bringing it up and asking for a partial refund.

I normally don't like returning books(it's a pain),so it pays to make sure the book is in the grade you think/hope it is before you buy it. And that means asking questions about the book almost to the point of annoyance.

(:

Ze-