• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Percent Of Books ....

66 posts in this topic

The grader told me that they wouldn't even note such a flaw (rusty staples) on a book of that grade unless it had significantly migrated into the paper. :P

:screwy:

I can't believe that there are many collectors that DON'T care a great deal about rusty staples. Boggles the mind...

Rusty staples and water damage are verboten in my collection...

Jim

Those would be second and third behind tape. I hate tape. :mad:

I've got one book in my collection with tape . . . Witchcraft #6 with a taped spine and extra staples :cloud9:

The grader told me that they wouldn't even note such a flaw (rusty staples) on a book of that grade unless it had significantly migrated into the paper. :P

I can't believe that there are many collectors that DON'T care a great deal about rusty staples. Boggles the mind...

Jim

I've got one book in my collection with tape . . . Witchcraft #6 with a taped spine and extra staples :cloud9:

I always knew you were into bondage.

Jim

I've got one too - an FF 20 that is "otherwise NM". Someone put unnecessary reinforcement tape at the corners of the inside front cover. :frustrated: I've always wondered if that would be worth getting removed by a professional. :think:

I've only had a few ebay returns, one recently for undisclosed CT, with no hassles. I've had a couple here too, again with no hassles.

On smaller purchases, I just eat it. For some reason, those are more annoying than higher priced books, especially when its a board buy. I love the Buying Forum, it's great - but its not utopia. Knowing the seller and their grading is important.

I've only had a few ebay returns, one recently for undisclosed CT, with no hassles. I've had a couple here too, again with no hassles.

On smaller purchases, I just eat it. For some reason, those are more annoying than higher priced books, especially when its a board buy. I love the Buying Forum, it's great - but its not utopia. Knowing the seller and their grading is important.

I rule

In all my years of buying I have returned 12 books. 10 to one seller and 2 other books individually. Usually I just let the seller know I am not 100% satisfied and let them decide what they want to do. I am running about 50-50 on partial refunds or offers to refund if I send the book back.

I rule

I've never returned a book despite disagreeing with many e-bay grades

and just bite the bullet and these books are usually not that expensive.

After my time on the boards and returning to e-bay a few times I find

I'm a more patient smarter buyer and this cuts down on any complaints.

I've never come close to even thinking about returning a board

purchase and find the grading to be very strict. Most of my purchases

in the last few VCCs were from Greggy and as we all know he likes to

point out several times a day and I have trouble questioning him on the

fact that he does Rule. (worship)

:foryou:

I rule

Greggy totally rules! (worship)

He told me so.

I rule

He told me so.

But . . . you told me that YOU rule! (shrug)(worship)

I rule

He told me so.

No, I said I was a TOOL! Get it right! (:

I rule

He told me so.

No, I said I was a TOOL! Get it right! (:

I concur

I used to return about 25% of the comics I would buy (before the days of CGC) from ads or auctions in the CBG. I returned a Church book to AllStar Auctions once because I didn't feel it merited the grade given. Also sent a nice All Star 21 back to NEC with some obvious bleed-through marker on the front cover.

There were some guys out of LA who used to run full-page ads in the pre-Wizard wannabe CBG. I remember buying a VF/NM Marvel Boy 2 from them. When I got it, it was no better than a Fine+ (if that). I sent it back, got my money back, and then it reappeared in their ads as a VF+.

I actually used to have better luck on Ebay than with CBG dealers. There were some guys out of Florida, called Neatfunstuff (not to be confused with NeatStuffCollectibles) who used to have beautiful Golden Age books at spot-on grading. Got a couple of late 1940s Fox first issues from them, graded as NM. Both slabbed out, years later, at 9.4.

I've returned 3 slabs due to SCS......and I don't think I've ever sent a raw book back. There were a couple times where the books were damaged in transit, but I got partial refunds from the sellers on those.

I've bought exclusively from forum members for a couple years now, but when I was buying on Ebay full-time....I was always pretty happy with my purchases.

0%

too costly. The few times I was disappointed I chalked it up to being partially my fault for either not asking question or being to impulsive and forgetting my rules. Once Canada Post bungled handling my package, severely damaging the comics (yes they were packed well I think even if they were in a indestructible package they would have died a horrible death).