• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CANCELLED COMIC CAVALCADE?

29 posts in this topic

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade #1 and 2 Group (DC, 1978)

Uncertified VG 4.0 August 4, 2007 $2,629.00

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade #1 and 2 (DC, 1978)

February 10, 2005 $3,680.00

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade #1 and 2 (DC, 1978)

FN 6.0 August 14, 2004 $3,220.00

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade Vol. 1 and 2 (DC, 1978)

VF 8.0 October 12, 2002 $2,127.50

I definitely recommend buying a set whenever it becomes available. There are only 36 (35 distributed to DC, one to Bob Overstreet). Not worth waiting until the next one. I passed on them too many times and finally said the next one I see is mine! One of the books is a little water stained but, as MoonDog said, they are basically like ashcans and condition almost doesn't matter. More important to own it!

I've got photocopies, would love the real deal.

Andy

Obvious copyright laws aside; for being such an odd-rarity, why aren't photocopies more prevalent for an issue like this? :whatev:

I'm interested on a more "collector-to-collector" basis, of course... ;)

:sick: That cover to #1 is really quite... disturbing.

They are photocopies. And someone did photocopies of the photocopies and was selling those for about $75 each a few years back.

They are photocopies. And someone did photocopies of the photocopies and was selling those for about $75 each a few years back.

Are you being serious. Thats a bit retarded.

There are alot of people who have wanted to read those stories for many years. DC has never had any intention of reprinting them. Someone saw an opportunity, and apparently sold quite a few. $75 bucks may seem like a lot, but each volume had 300 odd pages. I'm not saying it is right, but it did happen.

DC originally created them cheaply themselves. I forget whether it was for the creators involved, or for copyright reasons. Or both. But they had cancelled the comiocs to save $$ so they cobbled these together as cheaply as possible.

Ive handled them and always wanted a set, but passed on putting a few grand into them as cool and rare as they are. I remember them as a photocopy type of paper. But, I dont think there were dry photocopiers in 1977. Maybe there were. Seems so long ago now. Like ancient history.