• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling out all Red Socks fans!!

103 posts in this topic

Tribe in 5 or 6. I also think it is hilarious how you Yankees fans are backpeddling now and acting like the Yankees sucked and the Indians got lucky. The Yankees were decent favorites in the series and in each individual game. This was according to the Vegas odds. Every jerk on ESPN was also touting the Yankees as world beaters. I think Buster Onley is the only guy to pick the Tribe to beat the Yankees and he also just picked them to beat the Red Sox. The Indians and Red Sox had the EXACT same record this year. I also don't think the Tribe is scared of playing in Fenway. I will be at all the Tribe home games and the JAKE will be going absolutely CRAZY this year. Go TRIBE!!

I am sure there is a "no gambling" clause in the CGC guidlines but I am willing to trade these four Tales to Astonishes for a simple hello if the Red Socks beat my Tribe in this series. Anyone willing to trade me a similar priced set for a small gesture if the Tribe win the series??

TalestoAstonish69.jpg

TalestoAstonish67.jpg

TalestoAstonish66.jpg

TalestoAstonish65.jpg

:takeit: I'll take your trade, and offer an equally unimpressive set of Strange Tales . . . (:

I know it's a lil' late in the game, but I am gonna throw an offer out there.

Uncanny X-Men 137, CGC 9.4. Offer a comparable book and Game On!

Can offer an 137, CGC 9.6 if you wanna go.

Game 1 - Indians 1, Sox 0, as of 7:24 EST.

I'll take Boston.

Anyone?

its amazing aint it? Was there any doubt in ANYONEs minds that Papi or Manny or Lowell would win th egame in th ebottom of the 9th?? The Sox have been so hot and so clutch that it was a foregone conclusion.

but, no. And now look. The Sox have been yanked (no pun) back to earth and their inglorious past in one half inning. And Epstien's brilliance in eclipsing the Yanks at their own game plan has buckled under the weight of his one blunder: Gagme with a spoon.

Well...you might be reading a bit too much into the situation there...

But no...Francona never should have put in Eric 'put up an L' Gagne.

And then to follow it up with Lopez?

He musta been watching different game.

maybe, depending on where the series goes. Maybe its just one loss. Maybe its a fever breaking. But from what Ive been seeing, its all gone the Sox way so far. They even had a kid catch a foul out to prolong an at bat. But sure, if the Sox win game 3 it was just a blip due to going too deep into the bullpen.

What a crazy sereis this is turning out to be. I couldn't stay away until the end but the many drinks in Atlantic City took their toll. Didn't win in AC but at least my Indians are hanging tough. Go TRIBE!! I think tomorrow nights game will be the deciding game. If Westbrooks can get a win - I think its about over.

maybe. Sox have been on top all year, and were only feeling a little heat for a week or so. Going down 2-1 might make them press a bit, get them out of their comfort zone. And Maybe Papi and Manny have used up their ammo. as they say on ESPN;

it ------ could ------- go ------ either ------- way!!!!

What a crazy sereis this is turning out to be. I couldn't stay away until the end but the many drinks in Atlantic City took their toll. Didn't win in AC but at least my Indians are hanging tough. Go TRIBE!! I think tomorrow nights game will be the deciding game. If Westbrooks can get a win - I think its about over.

The fun thing about this series is it ain't over till it's over!

Who would have thought that the Indians would win a pitching duel in extra innings against the Red Sox?

I can't wait for Game 7...