• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 50 Good Girl Art Covers!

248 posts in this topic

I was bored this weekend, so I thought it would be fun to put together a list of my top 50 GGA covers with photos and a small description included. In order to focus on the GGA aspect of the book only, I had to exclude a lot of the great war, horror and superhero covers due to the cross-over appeal. If the female character was not prominantely showcased on the cover, the book was not included. That being said, some books were knocked down a few notches in grade if the surrounding art was .

Since I don't collect many romance or horror books, I'm sure some great GGA covers were left off of this list. Also, some great covers were left off the list due to the repetitious nature of the art work from the surrounding issues.

At the end of all this I'm hoping to discover some covers that I never paid much attention to (from forum members pointing them out), and to hopefully get some other forum members to put together a list of their top 50 genre covers (GGA, war, horror, etc.).

By the way, if you want to quote the post with the photo shown, please click on the "using HTML and UBBCode" option. Unfortunately, Imageshack has it set-up that way. Also, a few of scans were taken directly from Heritage archives since I don't own a copy of the book.

With that, I'll start with No. 50. :)

50. Jumbo Comics #133 - Jumbo Comics has many great covers, but due to the repetitious nature, their individual uniqueness is somewhat lost. That being said, this Kamen cover combines color, beauty and action extremely well. It's definitely my favorite Jumbo cover.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

47. Hedy De Vine #24 - This is a cover a recently discovered, and would love to own a copy some day. You get 4 women for the price of one. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My parents always touted the virtue of buying bulk! hm