• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 50 Good Girl Art Covers!

248 posts in this topic

Here's another one from my collection that at least deserves "honorable mention".

Mmm..Schomburg Airbrush GGA.... :cloud9:

Did anyone see what the 8.5 Crippen copy went for on Heritage tonight? $783...and its not even a particularly pretty 8.5 (heavy foxing along the right edge of a white cover book just kills it for me).

$783...that's nearly triple Guide!! :o :o :o

I'll take my 9.2 old label with OW/W pages, thank you. :acclaim:

thrilling64fc.jpg

Great book. :applause:

I felt bad for not having included a Thrilling Comics on my list. Here's another cover I like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's another one from my collection that at least deserves "honorable mention".

Did anyone see what the 8.5 Crippen copy went for on Heritage tonight? $783...and its not even a particularly pretty 8.5 (heavy foxing along the right edge of a white cover book just kills it for me).

thrilling64fc.jpg

Great book. :applause:

I felt bad for not having included a Thrilling Comics on my list. Here's another cover I like:

thrilling64fc.jpg

Very nice!looking copy. Love those whites! I was watching the Crippen copy myself. The foxing is what prevented me from bidding as well.

Great list Skybolt (thumbs u

Although I would (of course) add this one :cloud9:

Very nice. (thumbs u

Suzie #56 is a great cover as well. I just wish the female was drawn at a larger scale. I think you own a copy if I'm not mistaken.

Great list Skybolt (thumbs u

Although I would (of course) add this one :cloud9:

Very nice. (thumbs u

Suzie #56 is a great cover as well. I just wish the female was drawn at a larger scale. I think you own a copy if I'm not mistaken.

I do :)

46302-cgc005.jpg.b3c47ca3223b17550ea675cc31ef0f5c.jpg

great stuff. One of my favorites is Weird Fantasy #15. It crosses many categories; good girl, sci-fi and horror!

West

ps... don't forget to add My Life #4, Wonder Comics #11 and Sunny #11 to the list! :grin:

In addition to #15, Weird Fantasy #7 is another nice GGA book that I wouldn't mind owning.

Gem Comics #1 is another one that is always overlooked, probably because it only lasted 1 issue.

West

I have to agree that the Brenda Starr (operating table) and the Jo Jo #11 belong on the list. Also you can't fault any of the Kamen Blue Beetle's (#47-#52) being on the list. I also don't believe that #54 is Kamen. Not sure who the artist is. Kamen's Cow-Puncer #2 is also a favorite.

What about the Wood Women on Strange Worlds #'s 4 and 5? Or Shock Suspenstories #6? Weird Science #13 or #14.

How about the incredibly lush Frazetta inking of the woman on Beware #10? Or the cover to Famous Funnies #210? Or Weird Fantasy #21? Williamson/Frazetta cover. The girl isn't particularly sexy, but she is the best drawn Gal I've ever scene.

Torchy #5 is my favorite of the Torchy run. #6 would take second place. Must be the red backgrounds.

Also you should check out the Kurtzman women on the early issues of Mad. The women on #7 and #8 - Va-Va-Va-Voom!.

Phantom Lady #18 would also make my list above #23. There are some great Baker romance covers that would make wortwhile entries.

I'm generally not that big on the Timely teen humor books. (But some of those Junior covers are incredible.) But if you like teen humar gals, you should take a gander at Roly Poly #12. Betty and Veronica in harem costumes? (Well technically they might not be B&W, but the interiors are reprints of other MLJ material.) If you haven't seen this cover, you need to dig around and find a ascan somewher.

I'm going to have to get my scanner dusted off and install it on the new computer.

Good first cut at the top 50

Good comments. (thumbs u

By the way, do you know who penciled the cover to Baffling Mysteries #7?

thrilling64fc.jpg

What a nice comic. What a darn, darn, dang nice comic. :applause:

Awesome Thread, thanks for starting it!

I'm not really focusing on GGA but 3 books I've wanted from day one are on your list. I look for these books all the time.

Authentic Police Cases 6

Wings 91

Rangers 26 (should be in the mail this week :cloud9:)

I also want a copy of Claire Voyant 2, I think that's a sweet cover.

thrilling64fc.jpg

Sometimes a snake is just a snake, right? hm

I'm not really focusing on GGA but 3 books I've wanted from day one are on your list. I look for these books all the time.

Authentic Police Cases 6

Wings 91

Thanks,

Claire Voyant #2 is definitely in my top 75 if not higher.

thrilling64fc.jpg

What a nice comic. What a darn, darn, dang nice comic. :applause:

Yes. It is. Thank you. Really....thank you. :foryou:

Authentic Police Cases 6

Wings 91

Thanks,

Claire Voyant #2 is definitely in my top 75 if not higher.

:headbang:

Awesome. I was bidding on the Clink 9.0 with White Pages but it's up to $450 already. :cry: