• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #35

17 posts in this topic

From what I understand, a book isn't hit too hard for Marvel chipping. However, that chunk out of the BC isn't Marvel chipping and is just a missing piece.

Although the FC presents well, I'd have to say 5.0 - 5.5, solely because of the missing chunk.

Uh, guys . . . what's the date of this issue? Does it happen to be around the time of Subby #1??? Cuz that solo edge chip at the ULBC looks awfully familiar. hm

DD #35 is cover dated December 1967

Submariner #1 is cover dated May 1968

Hope this helps Divad

Uh, guys . . . what's the date of this issue? Does it happen to be around the time of Subby #1??? Cuz that solo edge chip at the ULBC looks awfully familiar. hm

Hope this helps Divad

Yes, thank you. As I suspected. Others may chime in, but this is actually a printing defect. I have a CGC 9.0 Subby #1 with this chip missing. :grin:

Hope this helps Divad

Yes, thank you. As I suspected. Others may chime in, but this is actually a printing defect. I have a CGC 9.0 Subby #1 with this chip missing. :grin:

I had thought maybe it was too, but I wanted to see what others thought. Thanks for the info (thumbs u

Hope this helps Divad

I have a Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (date 6/68) with the exact same chip missing.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z254/bsilva808/nickfury1ULBC.jpg

6.0 or 6.5.

I think a small piece missing is allowable in the Fine range, and since this appears to be the only major defect, I think it'd get a 6.x grade.

Others may chime in, but this is actually a printing defect.

To quote Ed McMahon, "I did not know this."

Revised grade: [font:Arial Black]9.0[/font]

6.0 or 6.5.

I think a small piece missing is allowable in the Fine range, and since this appears to be the only major defect, I think it'd get a 6.x grade.

Others may chime in, but this is actually a printing defect.

To quote Ed McMahon, "I did not know this."

Revised grade: [font:Arial Black]9.0[/font]

"Yes!"

Hope this helps Divad

I have a Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (date 6/68) with the exact same chip missing.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z254/bsilva808/nickfury1ULBC.jpg

Interesting! Thanks for posting that!